Phineas ate some pannetone :( !!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristaw.

Reaction score
I had turned it upside down in a plate in the kitchen which is his room. he had jumped up on a chair then onto the table and I found him nibbling a piece of the bottom. not much, just a scrape but now I'm worried!

he'll be ok right?

I'm not sure about this one... As long as it wasn't a lot, I think he'll be okay... Just keep an eye on him, make sure he's eating, peeing, pooping, and drinking, and not lethargic or anything.

thanks for answering. I can't sleep because of it. He seems fine, he gave me lots of kisses and did binkies. he only grazed the bottom of the crust but still..I'm watching him like a hawk!!!

You're welcome!
That's good that's he's acting normal =]

He should be fine- a lot of buns get into odd stuff, and usually are fine unless the specific thing was poisonous, like a plant or something. =]

Plus, as you said- he only ate a little. =]
Just keep an eye on him =]

Pannetone is rather hard and starchy right? I ate it years ago when I got it as a gift but don't remember much. If he ate a little and not like a whole slice of it I think he will be just fine. Buns eat the strangest things and they poop it out. Make sure he drinks water, eats hay and poops he way he usually does. He probably enjoyed some nuts or fruit off it.

Trist what the heck is Pannetone?..hard and starchy doesnt sound palatable to me..:)as long as hes still eating and make sure somethings coming out the poop shoot.,he should be fine.:)

thank you guys!!
Lisa, Brandy, pannetone is a sweet italian bread mainly served at christmas. he ate a part of the bottom crust and didn't get into the actual bread/cake stuff.
I texted my daughter who is at her dad's and she FREAKED which then made me freak even more.
She was so mad at me for leaving it out. He still seems fine now. He is eating hay like mad and giving bunny kisses and he nipped me when he was kissing me OW.
and our cassie ( aka cat without claws) spent about 10 minutes licking the fur on his head.. so seems everything is normal.
:bunnydance:

some people in the UK actually feed their buns toast....thats not something that i myself wud recomend but it seems like they live thru the ordeal:).im guessing hes doin ok today??

yep, he's doing great! andddd.. he isn't having anymore pee accidents! he actually goes where he is supposed to go. it looks like he wants me to be proud of him lol he jumps in his litterbox, lifts his not so little tail and looks at me triumphant teeheeeee. Then he BOINGS out of the box and jumps up on me wanting to be picked up. Really I do believe he is a dog. It's all a big disguise muhahaha.

Latest posts

Back