PEZ NEEDS YOUR PRAYER'S!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh noooo, not Pez!!

Sorry I missed this earlier, I'll quadruple the strength ofmygood vibes
smiley_abkt.gif
,prayers :pray:and best wishes! :pink iris:

We've had a few bunnies with similar problems here, and they've all come through it.

Poor littlebunny!!
pet.gif
Poor Susan!!!!
pet.gif
pet.gif

sas
icon_neutral.gif
and the warren :brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

**UPDATE**

The vet just called:

Pez is not in stasis, his tummy was empty because he was not eating...I wanted to say... ummm duh!. But better to be safe than sorry.

His molars were done without incident.

When doing the molars he noticed that there was a white spot at the back of his mouth, and this is the cause of the infection, he said he tried to scrape it off as best as he could, but because it is near a major blood vessel he had to back off from it, so they will run a course of antibiotics to hopefully get rid of the infection.

His temp has dropped slightly from 105 to 104.4 so that is a start.

They had him on IV feedings last night but he chewed off the tube!
So they are now force feeding him and said he is doing well with that.

They are waiting for the blood work to come back to see what exactly the infection is (was not caused by the teeth, and is no where near the teeth). When the results come back either later today or tomorrow, they will go from there with a course of action.

So keep your fingers or any other body part you can get crossed, keep sending your positive thoughts and energies, it seems to be working!

Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Susan

They had him on IV feedings last night but he chewed off the tube!
I know he's got a way to go yet, but that sounds like a positive sign...:)

Pez is still in my prayers; may he recover quickly so he can come home to his mom and dad....:hug2:

Keep your spirits up! Sounds like Pezis doing well! Keep strong, sweet Pez...we're rootin' for ya!!!

:party0002: Maisie and Flower do a Get Well NOW cheer for Pez!! :party0002:

Hope to soon hear excellent news of him coming home all healed and strong and happy again!!

You will both continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!! :kiss:

**UPDATE**

Pex's temp is down a little bit more but he is still not eating, so I gave them suggestions of what he likes to eat at home and hopefully they will try that. His poops are a little runny, but that is prolly caused by all the liquids he is being given. The blood results should be in today, so hopefully they will give us more info!

On a lighter note, he is using his litter box!?!?!?! Glad he is there cuz he certainly won't use it at home! You can find that rabbit anywhere in the house all you have to do is follow the trail!

But that is Pez, he does not believe he is a rabbit, so why do the things rabbits do!

Susan

**UPDATE**

Pez is home!

My husband phoned the vet and told them he wanted him home.That we could take as good care of him here as they have been. So off I went to pick him up, when they brought him out to me he turned his back to me and gave me the biggest BUTT you have ever seen, I was thoroughly put in my place!

The vet told us that he is a little anemic and his liver studies were a little off but she said that that was probably because of the infection.

He still was not eating for them in the vet, but when he came home he took 6 pellets from me (I think because he was treat deprived, he thought me feeding him anything by hand was a treat LOL) He also nibbled on some sweet potato baby food and I made him apple juice cut with water which he enjoyed. Oh yeah and we snuck in a marshmellow treat, which he got so excited about he was shivering and shaking!

I did however force feed him later on that evening, got to keep that stomach in motion and keep him with enough energy to fight off that infection.

So at this time he is still not eating on his own and he saw me bring the towel out to feed him and now is hiding under my bed, he does not mind the force feeds but hates the towel. I went to wipe his face last night with it and he grabbed a hold of the towel and would not let go of it. It was like playing tug of war with a dog.

Here goes the first full day home, let's see how it goes.

Susan

Latest posts

Back