Pernod and Perry's Place

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been away from the board for many monthsand just stopped in to see what was going on. Perry and Pernod havealways been my favorite bunnies, so I went to this thread. I have nowjust finished, with tears in my eyes, reading the thread on the sickbunnies branch about Perry. My condolences to Jan and John. What a lossyou have had.

Nancy

Xi'an, China

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my art.And yes, Varna, I am going to open my own gallery and sell my prints.It'll be up this weekend. I'll have the link up soon.

Jan, how's Pernod doing today?

Lots of love :hug:

Thank you, ChinaBun - nice to see you back again!

Lalena - Pernod is doing a bit better today, thanks :). Tonight is thefirst night that she has come out from under the couch and lay down atour feet. She also did a kind of half binky earlier on, and actuallylicked my nose when I lay next to her - which is something she hasnever done. She still has a longing look in her eyes, though:(. As for me, I think I'm doing OK, then a thought of Perrywill come into my mind and I get upset again. I guess it's just goingto take time!

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Tonight is the first night that she has come outfrom under the couch and lay down at our feet. She also did a kind ofhalf binky earlier on, and actually licked my nose when I lay next toher - which is something she has never done.

She loves her Mom so much! As long as Mom is there to kissand cuddle with, she'll be okay. I love how they comfort uswhen we're sad. The two of you are developing a bond deeperthan you've ever had. Give her 4 kisses from us - one from meand the rest from Tucks, Fauna, and Cali.

Much Love,

-Carolyn

Perry has come home where he belongs. The vetcalled and said his ashes were ready to pick up, so I brought himhome. :(

Pernod is doing pretty good. She has become a little more snuggly withJohn and I, and she actually did a bunny flop today for the first timesince we lost Perry. I know she still misses him, but she is gettingthere. She also raided the rubbish bin and found an apple core, so herappetite is just fine :disgust:. Anyone would think I am starving her.

Jan

How are you? :kiss:

How Pernod? :dutch We have a Christmas candle for Perry. :holidaycandle:

(How come I always forget to ask about John?) :ponder:

Hope all is well and the holiday season is brightening your days. :giftsmiley:

sas :santawink:and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

i'm so sorry for your loss, jan. i've alwaysloved reading your stories about perry and seeing pictures of him. i'mreally going to miss him. i wish there was something i could say toease the pain.

lisa

Thanks Lisa and Thanks for asking sas :hug2:.

We have good days and not so good days! I still miss Perry soooo much,and still call them the 'Bunnies' when I talk about them :(.

Pernod is doing quite well. She comes out from under the couch at nightnow, and demands to be petted. I have been trying to get her to sit onthe couch(like Dill :))with us, so I don't have to keeplaying on the floor, but she throws a fit. She sinks herteeth into the first thing she can, which, the other night, justhappened to be John's thigh :D. However, she is quite the snuggle bunon the floor, and has even given us kisses. I can tell she still missesPerry, but I guess that's only natural.

Lalena 2148 is sending me the print she did of Perry (see above), andCarolyn had a beautiful Bead of my 3 babies (Fudge, my first bun, Perryand Pernod) made and threaded it into a gorgeous necklace

jansbead2.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

I also printed out all the posts that I received in the Infirmary thread. I am so grateful to you all :)

Jan

Aw, Jan. Carolyn told me about thenecklace. I was dying to see it so I'm glad you postedpics! It turned out beautifully!

That's really a one of a kind gift and something I'm sure you'll treasure always.

Laura

LuvaBun wrote:
Lalena 2148 is sending me the print she did of Perry
Bless your heart, Lalena!! I was so hoping that would happen!! That's great! :happydance

Jan, we in Tucker Town think of you every single day with love. Kisses and Treats to Pernod!
:kiss:
Love you,

-Carolyn

What a beautiful necklace. How can you get a bead made like that?

I'd love to get one of Tiny....no... Miss Bea....no... Puck....no... Tio & Kyo...no...Tiny...no...

You get the idea?

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
What a beautiful necklace. How can you get a bead made like that?

A friend of mine makes glass beads and although she doesn't take customorders, she made an exception for me. I was reallylucky. :)

-Carolyn

Snuggys Mom wrote:
That's really a one of a kind gift and something I'm sure you'll treasure always.
You betcha :)! It's even more beautiful in 'real life'.

Pernod actually stayed on the couch for 15 seconds without killing thecushion :D. I would really like to get her used to coming on there forcuddles, because my mom looks after her when John andI areaway. She is 82 and can't really get down on the floor, so it would begreat if she and Pernod could sit on the couch together.

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Pernod actually stayed on the couch for 15 seconds withoutkilling the cushion :D. I would really like to get her used to comingon there for cuddles, because my mom looks after her when JohnandI are away. She is 82 and can't really get down on thefloor, so it would be great if she and Pernod could sit on the couchtogether.

Jan

Pernod will do what she has to do to get what she wants, noworries! She knows and understand her grandmother and will goeasier on her than she will with her Mom and Dad. It's justthe way it is. Rabbits are so great with older people andbabies.

The other thing I would say to this is Be Careful What You Wish For.

Cali rarely jumps on the couch, but she's been doing it a bit morelately. Last week, Jesse fell asleep on my couch.This worried Cali tremendously. She didn't know why he'd belaying so still and not talking or watching t.v. Just to besure he was okay, she had to check on him so she (and all 19 lbs. ofher) jumped right up on his chest and went nose-to-nose with him tomake sure he was still breathing. BOY, was he surprised towake up that way!:shock:

Good grief! I bet Jesse had a bruiseor two to show for that :shock:. Bless her heart, though, she wasworried that something was wrong!

You are right about bunnies acting differently to babies and olderpeople. Pernod certainly doesn't show so much attitude towards my mom,and will quite happily lay and let her pet her.

Jan

Latest posts

Back