Pepsi's gone - A year gone by

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
My babies left me for rainbow bridge. I don't know what to say, I just feel numb. I've been crying all morning and i'm just a wreck.

She wasn't looking too good last night. She was off her food but she was improving up until around 12-1am last night. I gave her some warm water and went tobed. I woke up and she was very cold feeling and shaking. I warmed up a sock filled with rice and when I went down there she was in her box having a seizer on her side. I took he rout and she went limp. I held her in my arms and on my lap for about 10 minutes and then she passed away at 8:00. I had my hand massaging her chest and her heart slowed, then stopped. I burried her in the front garden with my pj top she was cuddled with when she died. After she passed, I sat and stroked her until around 11when my mom came home.

I'm just such a mess right now. I can't think straight, I'm heartbroken and just numb. I can't walk into the rabbit room because everytime I see the empty cage I start bawling. I don't know what I'm going to do.

She waited until I woke up to die.. and I have some comfort that I got to say goodbye and tell her how much I loved her and to have one last cuddle. I just don't know what to do.. I'm such a mess.

Oh no Spring! :bigtears:I'm so sorry! Pepsi had a great life with you and that's all anyone can ask for. I know it hurts to lose jerbut she isn't in pain and isn't suffering anymore.

My thoughts are with you.

:pinkpansy:Binky free Pepsi...:purplepansy:

And I thought I'd add this as well...

rainbowbridge.jpg

Oh Spring I am so verry sorry for your loss. I cant imagine the pain you are in right now. I know how much you love your bunnies, and how this must be killing you.

Just know thatPepsi knew how much you loved her. You were the best mommy and took such good care of her. Shes in a better place now, binkying free and waiting till the day when she sees you again..

Youre in my prayers. Letsweet Pebbles help you with your grieving.

Lots of Love

Haley

Oh I'm so so sorry. Pepsi knew how much she was loved by you, I'm sure she'll be waiting for you at the bridge. Binkie free Pepsi. Xx:bunnyangel::rainbow:

Spring your in my thoughts and prayers honey, big hug!!:pray:

Oh no...I'm so sorry, Spring....:sad: I can't add any more than to reiterate what others have said; you are a great bunny mom, and Pepsi certainly experienced a wonderful life with you. You gave her your best, and she gave you hers.

Till the two of you meet again, someday....

Binky on, Pepsi...the forum has lost another treasured one
:bigtears:

Oh spring I am so sorry for your loss, you will have made such a difference to Pepsi's life and the final momentswould have been just so peaceful for her having you there stroking her too.

I am so sorry for you. Bunny land now awaits her xx

Oh, Sweetie...I'm so terribly sorry to hear that. I know you loved your baby so much, it was hard to read. Let us know any way at all that we can help! She was well loved by everyone, both at your home and here. What a wonderful little sweetheart...I find it really a true testament to how sweet she is that she waited to say goodbye to you. :cry1 :hug2

Binky happy, Sweet Pepsi...we love you so much!!

:rainbow::bunnyangel::heartbeat:rose:

We love you, Spring...hang in there...we're here for you through this difficult time.:group:heartbeat:grouphug
moz-screenshot.jpg

Spring,
I've been thinking of you all evening, but I was having trouble posting. You're such a wonderful bunny mom and you've always given such great advice when I've had questions about Oswald. I'm certain that Pepsi loved you very much. You'll be in my thoughts.

Binky Free Pepsi!

-Amy

Thanks everyone.

I just miss her so much already. I never knew I couldlove her so much, then feel this when I lost her. It's the most terrible feeling, having something you love so dearly ripped out of your life.My head, heart and soul ache. She was like a child to me, and being with her every day of her time with me just makes it just that harder. It was just so sudden. I knew she hada decrease in her appetite, but she started to look better to me. It hasn't fully hit me yet that she's gone, I still c an't grasp the fact that my Pepsi is gone, I'm still feeling numb. I won'tget to cuddleher, won't get to play with my darling, won't get to see the look on her face when she gets her favourite veggies or treats. Even sitting gone on my lap was comforting, having her touch familar to me. Having to burry her was the hardest part of this whole thing. Walking away leaving her somewhere, just killed me.I just can't stand walking into the rabbit room expecting her to be there and seeing an empty cage. I don't even want to think about what to do with that empty cage, it just hurts too much to get attached to something.

I have a knot in my throat and just pouring my eyes out and it just hurts more. I'm either crying, trying not to cry, or thinking of her. I just miss her so much, and her being gone is killing me. I feel like I have a huge hole in my heart where she used to fit right in. I know it's just the first day, but I don't knowwho I can live without her in my life.

Spring I'm so sorry about Pepsi, she was such a darling bun, and I know how much she meant to you.I'm so sad to hear this news. Take Care.

Nadia

Spring, I'd been looking for a post from you since yesterday, I was worried that you weren't on... and when I saw it this morning, I just went back to bed and pulled the covers over my head. It's just too awful for words.:cry2 Of all the people this board, this shouldn't have happened to you, I think the world of you, I think you're among the most awesome bunny moms (and people) I know. I'd like to tell your mom what a specialdaughter she has.

I suspect that Pepsihad some internal issues, geneticor chronic, that nobody could see - not you, the vet or anybody here.I seriously doubt anything more could havebeen done.Although I suspected because of the frequency that there was more going on with her, shecertainly wasn't at a critical stage when you lost her, I would have done exactly the same things as you.

Please don't think you'll be disrespectful to Pepsi if you start thinking about another bunny. There is nothing more comforting.I thinkyou could use the distraction of a foster bunny, and Iknow there are foster bunnies here that could use your most excellent care and companionship.

I'm thinking of you and Pepsi constantly. I can't even come close to expressing how sorry I am. :sad:

sas :tears2:

Aww Spring, I am so so very sorry about Pepsi. You must be going through so much right now, my heart goes out to you.

I think very highly of you and Iknow thatyou are one of the best bunny mums out there. You always take such excellent care of your bunnys, Pepsi is very lucky to have had you as her mum and she must love you very much.

Binkie free little Pepsi...

anangelstouchthemeiy0.jpg

Thinking of you,

Love from Eve

I am so sorry about the loss of Pepsi. There are really no adequate words to help ease your pain. Please know that in time, your pain will dull and the happy memories will be even sweeter.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love,
Denise and Trixie

Pipp wrote:
Please don't think you'll be disrespectful to Pepsi if you start thinking about another bunny. There is nothing more comforting.I thinkyou could use the distraction of a foster bunny, and Iknow there are foster bunnies here that could use your most excellent care and companionship.
I said the same thing in my PM to her Pipp. She still has Pebbles but sometimes it takes a a new rabbit to help you cope because when you can preoccupy your mind, it doesn't hurt so much. And as I said, it's not replacing Pepsi at all, it's adopting in Pepsi's memory. But all in due course, I have no doubt Spring will get another rabbit but not until she's ready, whether that's tomorrow or in 5 years.

Back