Pepsi's gone - A year gone by

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had my little rabbit Ellie die :bawlI'm so sorry to hear that! My friend told me this and it made me feel better:

Maybe one of the other rabbits needs you more
God took the one who already knew love
She passed with love in her heart

When Ellie died I thought of this little saying:

Ellie, You may have left my left
But you'll never leave my heart!

*hugs* :groupparty:It will be ok :)*hugs*

We love you too, Hun...and we're totally and completely here for you through this. Write all you want...we're your support and your loving net of hugs. :)

I'm happy to hear that you see some of Pepsi in your little Pebbles, and that you're able to look at Pepsi's pictures and draw one of her. It's so healthy, and wonderful to hear. You're on my mind, Hun...and I love to hear that you're doing better. It's so hard, but we're here...we'll always be here for you. :)

Now, stop listening to those sappy songs!! lol...:)

HUGS!!
:hug::heart::hug1:heartbeat:group:hearts::groupparty:

I'm justcatching this now too.
Sorry I haven't been around, as there are lots of busy things going on.

I am so sorry Spring. I feel so bad about Pepsi.

Stan. :sad:

Thanks everyone.

I've decided to start with a little piece of paper, and draw a special picture I like of her, one a day until the sheets full with drawings. Then I'll keep getting bigger pieces of paper. It really helps with drawing her, even though I'mnot a great artist, I just feel close to her when I draw her. I've done 2.5 pictures so far. It'll help me keep her memory alive, although it will never die.

It's only been3 days, but it seems like forever since I've seen her, and I miss her. I think of her even on odd things. I was in Wal-Mart and every little thing reminded me of her. I'm just consumed about her and her passing, it's just sounreal. I'm still numb and thiswhole situation all feels numb to me. I keep waking up, going down there expecting to be greeted but it's just empty. It's so unreal, like a dream.

So far, I've drawn this complete picture, although I addedlittle wings for my new baby angel. It sort of looks like she's praying. I've drawn a head shot of her, and have started to draw my favourite picture that I'll post sometime-I have my nose on her forhead and it's just a symbol of our close bond.

When I look at her pictures, it doesn't feel like she's gone. I just remember the happy memories of how it was like during taking the picture- none of this new unreal stuff. I just feel like I'm in a daze these past days.

I'm just feeling depressed. It's like, one moment I think of the good times and her at rainbow bridge, then the next I think of her body sitting on my lap and having to burryher. It's just so tough. I just want to hold her, I just want to see her. I want to feel her whiskers. I just can't stand only seeing her physically in pictures and a video. I just want her back.I want nothing of this to happen, nothing of this I'd have to go through. I just want her back.

I'd give anything for this to of never happend. I try not to think of my baby in the ground lifeless, but it's just hard. I'm starting to think of the bad times I've gone through with her, rather then the good because over the last few days she just went downhill. I just can't stand the fact I lost her. I have trouble eating because I keep thinks of her, can't sleep and just emotionally drained. I just want her back. I don't know, it seems the mornings and in the days are the worst, only around the night I feel better. I just can't stand seeing an empty cage and not having her meet me when I go to the table near her cage. I've just been heart broken these last few days.

Oh Pepsi, why did you have to go away:saddened

I know how you feel. My parent's cat Scooter died last spring, and since I'm not home I often forget that he's gone. It hit me really bad when I got my kittens because he was the first cat I had ever had as a kitten. And every time I go home or talk to my parents about the kittens I'm reminded that even though he was part of my life for nearly 15 years he's not there any more. He won't be waiting in the window for me, he won't curl up on my lap again or try to steal my popcorn. He was my "good man detector" because the only boyfriend of mine that he ever liked was the one I ended up marrying. But it's wierd because my grief hits me in little chunks now and then instead of all at once, and I think that is dragging it out longer than it would have been if I was living at home. I know it was best for him to be euthanized because he was in a lot of pain and the vet couldn't do anything else for him, but I still want him back.

It'll take some time, but after a while the pain will dull a little. You'll never forget her, but it won't hurt quite as bad when you think about her. Eventually you'll be able to remember the good memories without feeling bad because she's gone. It might take a while, but you'll get there. That's how I am with the memories of my grandparents now. I'm only 25 and I don't have a single grandparent left, but I'm not nearly as upset about it as I used to be.

:hug2

I know it will get better, but she wasn't even two. She had atleast another 5 years. She died so young and sudden. I just want to hold her. I know saying goodbye is part of pet owning, but to say it so young and to something thats a huge part of my life, I'm just so heart broken. I just want to walk into the rabbit room and have her sitting at the edge of the cage waiting for her evening feeding and cuddle time. Life is so tough during these times.

Spring, I was/am so sorry to read about Pepsi - losing someone you love, human or animal, is really tough. Your grief will more than likely be pretty acute for a while - it does take time to mend. (I know that's often used as a cliché, but it's true.)

Keep on drawing pics, and spend time with Pebbles. She needs you now, and you need her. (I know this might seem difficult to do, but I think you'll find, in looking back, that this really helped you both.)

when I read the title of your post my heart just dropped. Spring I am so sorry your precious girl is now at the rainbow bridge. My whole heart goes out to you.

I will keep you and pebbles in my prayers:pray:

We are here for you to help you through this awful time.

:grouphug

Oh Spring, I am just seeing this now, and I can't believe that Pepsi has gone. You gave her such a wonderful life, and she knew she was loved, and hung on to let you say 'Goodbye' - and that is so touching!

Grieve as much and as long as you need - we are all here for you. How is Pebbles doing?

Jan

Pebbles is doing good, as fiesty as ever and enjoying mommys free time. It's hard going in the rabbit room and not having Pepsi waiting ather cage for me to come over, but I know Pebbles needs me.The two have only seen each other through the wire. Iwas going to try to bond them, but thought against it.

I went and visited her grave this morning, andthat made me feel better. I finished the sketch I did last night and drew a cartoon version of her, so that helped too.

It's still so unreal, I can't believe she's not here anymore.

Spring, I took the liberty of asking a friend on another forum to do this foryou as I have no talent in drawing and I can't even make a collage or anything because my computer decided to 'eat' my photo editting programs.

I hope you like it...

pepsii.jpg

Oh thank you so much! You don't know how much I appreciate it! That brought me to tears, you are so wonderful! I can't thank you enough, it's so beautiful! Do you mind PMing me the name of the forum and the person so I could personally thank them?

Oh you don't know how much that means to me, I really appreciate it. That's one of the most wonderful things I've seen in the last few days. I can't thank you enough for going out of your way and asking to have this done in Pepsi's memory, i really can't thank you enough.

Thank you so much for this, it's brought me happy tears.

Again, I deserve no thanks, I just asked her to do it and she was more than happy to.

I've just been feeling like craptonight. I'm overwhelmed with her not being here, and I'd give anything to cuddle her right now. I still miss her so much. It's almost been a week since she passed away, and I've startedto just feel so depressed, especially tonight. Somedays are good, somedays like today I just want to curl up and goto sleep. I think about her all day, and I'm so emotionally drained. I just miss her so badly :(.
:saddened

Today is a week since she's passed away. This week seems to have been dragged on, and feels like forever since last Saturday, but then again it feels like just yesterday. I hate Saturdays now, I was dreading the 1 week mark for her passing, because I still don't want to believe she's gone. Still haven't touched her cage. All the things that happend daily- the daily routine I miss.I'm still heart broken and upset about her, but it's getting better.

Our hearts are with you, Sweetie. We're here whenever you need to talk, and will help you through this. I can't imagine what you're going through, except for what I went through with my beloved Keykat.

Hugs and love...:purplepansy::heartbeat

Latest posts

Back