people think it is odd that I have a house rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bassetluvwrote:
If I had lost a dog or a cat thiswould never have taken place...instead, people would have been tellingme how sorry they were.
...and they don't realize that a rabbit, as with any animal, can be just as deeply loved, and missed.
That is true. But I have to say that over the years, people who havecome to know me and see how I feel about the buns, and moreimportantly, see for themselves what wonderful, smart, and interactivecreatures they are, have been so kind and thoughtful when the buns weresick and/or have died.
People learn from us. And if 'friends' can't be sympathetic or caring about somebun that is very dear to us,
then I don't think they are really 'friends' to begin with.

Gabby wrote:
buthave also had the others as well who ask what time rabbitstew will be ready, and they all say it like they were the most cleaverto think of it "first" like i never heard it before.
I've had someone honestly ask if we eat them when they die.This was right after I was talking to a coworker about Mocha's stasisepisode. EWWWW! Yes, she was my beloved house pet,but when she passed away it was time to bring out thestewpot? I'm used to the normal "eating the pet bunny" jokesbecause I have family who have or had raised meat rabbits, but that wasjust creepy.

Good to see you on, Gabby!

naturestee wrote:
Gabby wrote:
but have alsohad the others as well who ask what time rabbit stew will beready, and they all say it like they were the most cleaver to think ofit "first" like i never heard it before.
I've had someone honestly ask if we eat them when they die.This was right after I was talking to a coworker about Mocha's stasisepisode. EWWWW! Yes, she was my beloved house pet,but when she passed away it was time to bring out thestewpot? I'm used to the normal "eating the pet bunny" jokesbecause I have family who have or had raised meat rabbits, but that wasjust creepy.

Good to see you on, Gabby!
hey how are you. I haven't been any where lately, work, housestuff, bunny stuff.. i found 69 cent toys for the buns acouple weeks ago.. woo hoo this very different pet shop about anhouraway(it runs a cat adtoption for adult cats and some small animals) soi loaded up on bun toys:)

I actually had a couple people ask that, or ask if we usedtheir coat after they died. one I asked if that's what they would dowith their cat after they asked, and I think that's when they realized,the other who has very little reguard for critters(not afriend just someone around town) I asked if that is what they would dowith their children? they responded, well rabbits aren't human, and Ireplied well they are "My Children". I have had thefew people ask if we eat them out just bnecause they are trying toestablish if they are pet or not. it is typically only rabbit peoplethat ask "do you rescue" first. and then it's doyou rescue or breed..

I think anybody who can say something mean whenyou tell them that you lost your pet is just narrowminded and rude, nomatter what pet it is. I think most of the people understand that ifyou keep a pet, you care about it.

Hey Gabby! I can't believe I missedthat you posted (and you were right underneathmine!):foreheadsmack:

How's the big furry family? We think of them often. :kiss:

SAS :) and PIPP :bunnydance:

Pipp wrote:
HeyGabby! I can't believe I missed that you posted (and you wereright underneath mine!) How's the bigfurry family? We think of them often.
SAS :) and PIPP :bunnydance:
hi there, doing good, how are you? Things constantlychanging here..life and online..I got online with the intention ofupdating my web pages.. but I haven't gotten to that yet..

JimD wrote:
HIIIIIII GABBY !!!!

long time... no post

Glad to see ya!!

~Jim
hello Jim and my fav color BLUE. how have you been doing. I haven't been able to read much so not sure of new developements in people's lives..glad to see many still have the same names so i know who you are ;)i never understood the whole name changing thing. I have friends go through screen names like underwear.. what is up with that?i can't keep track of who they are.. any rate I hope all is well. i did see somewhere i think you stayed home from vaca to be with the buns?

Hi there! I'm from Canada, and no one seems to think having a bun as a pet is weird. Actually, they ask most often, "Do you bring her inside for the winter?" Which, we (my husband and I) do. Once the weather warms up, she goes back out. It does not appear she has a hard time adjusting, just a little for the beginning of each movement (either inside or outside).:cool:

Back