Penelope's spay was a success!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f_j

Reaction score
I am relieved to report that Penelope was spayed today, and she is back at home recovering! For those who don't know, this was our third attempt at getting her spayed.The first time, we lost our other baby Lola and the second time, the vet discovered she had head tilt. I didn't even post that she was scheduled to be spayed today because I felt like I was tempting fate. But she made it!! She hadn't eaten yet so we gave her some Critical Care...I hope she eats on her own soon.

OH YAY!!!!!!
smiliedance.gif

ring.gif

highfive.gif

That's great news!! Maybe that's your secret tool, to not say anything and then good things happen!:magicwand::D

Alicia, where'd you get that emoticon?!:pssd:HeeHee

:)u must be so relieved! i'm so happy for u and Penelope, i'm sure she will be eating on her own soon!!!:bunnydance:

oh *WHEW* !!!

I'm so glad to hear Penelope is doing good.

Was rupert going under the knife sometime soon too?

Thanks everyone! Still no eating or poops - how long before I should be worried?

Nadia - Rupert got neutered in March, his surgery went great and he recovered really quickly.

I think 12 hours is ok, but more than 15, you may want to start syringing if she still isn't interested.Try to give her some hay now, and then syringe her some baby food or make a slurry with the pellets. I'm sure you'll get more suggestions soon.:)

Edited to tell Alicia-Cool! I should do that!:thanks:

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I think 12 hours is ok, but more than 15, you may want to start syringing if she still isn't interested. Try to give her some hay now, and then syringe her some baby food or make a slurry with the pellets. I'm sure you'll get more suggestions soon.:)

Edited to tell Alicia-Cool! I should do that!:thanks:

Thanks! We managed to get her to eat some Critical Care earlier, but not very much...I just tried again and she wanted nothing to do with it. I figured I should just let her rest and try again later....

I'm so glad she made it through ok.....I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how she does at eating food now, etc.

But I'm so happy for you!

Peg

**breathing a big sigh of relief for you**

Im so happy things went well! If shes had a little critical care, she should be good for tonight. Make sure she has lots of hay and pellets overnight in case she wants to nibble. Is she on metacam for pain?

I would just check to be sure shes pooped a little and eats some tomorrow morning. Give her kisses from me. Im so happy she came through OK.

PS. Hows the head tilt?

Thanks!! Haley, the head tilt is still almost undetectable...I'm beginning to think she was born that way!! Anyway, it really doesn't seem to be an issue, thank goodness.

Well, she still doesn't seem to be pooping. We got a little bit more Critical Care into her early this morning, but not very much. I really hope she starts eating/pooping soon, I'm beginning to worry.

That's terrific. That must be such a relief for you.

Hopefully she will continue to improve and be back to her full self soon :)

Don't know how I missed this....but Hoooraaaaayyyyy! I'm glad that she's resting comfortably.....I know when Pumpkin was spayed, it was a bit over 24hours before she pooped.....and then WOW.....it was something to behold. Nose rubs to Penelope...and good wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

f_j wrote:
Thanks!! Haley, the head tilt is still almost undetectable...I'm beginning to think she was born that way!!Anyway, it really doesn't seem to be an issue, thank goodness.

Well, she still doesn't seem to be pooping. We got a little bit more Critical Care into her early this morning, but not very much. I really hope she starts eating/pooping soon, I'm eginning to worry.
Thats great!

As for the pooping, as long as shes eating you should be fine. Do you have her in her cage? Maybe put a towel over part of it so she has some privacy. Sometimes too much fussing makes them nervous and so they dont poop for a while. But as long as shes eating this morning you should see some by this evening.

Latest posts

Back