Penelope passed away today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy-sas

Reaction score
Thank you for all the advice and well wishes. Penelope took a turn for the worse, I took her to a different vet but her heart stopped while they were trying to get a line in.

I'm devastated, but at least she's not suffering and that's all I care about.

Thanks
Sandy

Oh, Sandy, I am so sorry! I know Penelope's passing has left a big hole in your heart. You did the best you could for her, now take comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering. She is binking all over Rainbow Bridge. ((((Hugs)))) & prayers.

Oh my goodness. I'm so so sorry!!! I know how it feels to lose a pet and especially one that was having medical problems.

It happened with my Buttons and he died on the way to the Emergency Vet. They tried to bring him back but it was too late, I'm sure I must have scared the **** out of the people in the waiting room with my screaming and crying and the doctors trying to calm me down. I had him for 10 years and he was smart as a whip. He would bring toys to me that he wanted to play with and push them toward me with his nose...

I know it's going to be painful and my heart goes out to you. At times I would break down crying at work when I was working at Goddard and would find a stray pic of him on my cell phone and people thought I was crying over the job. I would look at them like give me a break, it's over my pet that passed... and immediately those with pets understood...

I had been praying for a positive outcome and while it didn't work out... you are her are in my thoughts...

Hang in there...

Vanessa

Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about Penelope's passing. Like you said, it's a comfort to know that she's no longer suffering, but it's always hard to say goodbye to a companion, especially after so long. :pray: Binky free, Penelope.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. My eyes are literally burning from crying all day. I will miss her beyond words.

I'm so sorry she didn't make it :tears2:

I'm glad you could be there with her at the end, though - I'm sure she knew just how loved she was and how hard you were trying to make her feel better. She had a wonderful life with someone who provided the best care a bunny could ask for. It's always heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet, as our pets are such a huge part of all of our lives, and unfortunately only time can make things better.

Binky free, Penelope! :rainbow:

Latest posts

Back