Pellets: Alfalfa or Timothy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pellets: Alfalfa or Timothy?

• Alfalfa

• Timothy

• Both

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

momofmany

Reaction score
I was wondering if you feed your bun alfalfa pellets or timothy pellets. Thank you.:)

My bunnies eat an alfalfa pelleted feed, because that is all that is available where I live.

If there were timothy pellets here I would change to them ASAP as my rabbits are adults and don't need the extra protein that the alfalfa pellets provide.

In my non-professional opinion....pellets should be such a small part of the overall diet that the debate between alfalfa and timothy is irrelevent.

Randy

Agreed! My rabbits do a heck of a lot of grazing of grass, eating hay, and 'salads', that pellets are more of a daily treat than anything. With Sakura, she only gets a very small amount and it takes her about 30 hours to eat them all. Bailey is a slow growing breed and is still filling out, so he is more likely to gobble them and want more though.

I feed Oxbow BBT (timothy pellet). I found a dealer 2 hours away that I can get it from for way cheaper than online, and since it is such a high quality pellet...I can't not buy it :p.

I feed Erik and Ivory timothy pellets. (Timothy Complete.)

Pellets are sort of the thing that ties a diet together, meaning they provide some of the core minerals/vitimins that other foods may not have. Some people feed more pellets than others.

All my bunnies that are done growing are on Timothy (Oxbow Bunny Basics T), and Teeny (my one still-growing bun, and Flemish Giant) is on Oxbow 15/23, an alfalfa-based food, and gets 2T of Calf Mana daily. All eat 1/4c, and Teeny eats unlimited pellets.

:biggrin2:

[align=center]THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH EVERYONE!
[/align]
I appreciate your help and the information you shared!:thanks:

Latest posts

Back