Peg's Place - 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peg, I'm so sorry to hear about all your Bunnylosses and your Mom.

Dealing with a sick elderly parent is not easy. I sure hope things start to get better for you.

Hugs

Susan:)

She's STILL building her nest....when I posted and then went back to bed this morning - I caught her trying to drag my skirt under the dresser for her nest...so I cut her up some fabric to use (I had some I used to let does use for nesting since it didn't have loose threads, etc).

Hopefully we'll have the babies fairly soon - still trying to figure out how I'm going to get under there to see them and make sure they're ok!

That's so cute that she wanted to use your skirt. Aw!

Wedge needs prayers....he's very depressed since losing Hepburn...I do have him eating some cilantro right now...but I think I may need to change him to a new cage or something to give him something "new" to be interested in...I don't know.

I didn't realize how hard he would take losing Hepburn...then again - I always thought Wedge would be the first one to go...

TinysMom wrote:
Wedge needs prayers....he's very depressed since losing Hepburn...I do have him eating some cilantro right now...but I think I may need to change him to a new cage or something to give him something "new" to be interested in...I don't know.

I didn't realize how hard he would take losing Hepburn...then again - I always thought Wedge would be the first one to go...
:pray: for Herpburn. I'm so sorry Peg that your having a honorable month with so many bunny losses. And your Mother not doing so well either.
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Rebecca

Wedge is in stasis...but he's started pooping again. I wanted him to sleep on the bed but Darla got VERY VERY VERY upset about that and kept jumping up on the bed and wanting to attack him....so he slept in the shower (in a box) since she can't open the shower door. He's been fed twice this morning already and he's starting to groom himself. I'm concerned because he is refusing banana and fruit loops...but he is taking the baby food just fine - only small amounts at a time.

Darla is still quite pregnant - I guess she just decided to make her nest early. Art got home this morning to find she was trying to drag a sweater and pair of underwear under the dresser for the nest. I knew I wasn't the best housekeeper and we tend to pile dirty clothes on the floor in a pile - looks like I have to get caught up on laundry so the hamper doesn't overflow again....

Art said while I was gone - Darla was even getting up on the bed to stare at him sometimes....I wonder what she thinks..

It appears as though I'm going to lose Wedge today ... probably sometime in the next couple of hours. He is refusing food - including baby food - and water. He doesn't want to be held and simply wants to be alone.

He's wrapped up right now in a warm towel and I'm letting him be alone and just checking on him every now and then. His body temperature is dropping so I think his body is just shutting down....I've seen this happen before.

I've given him a bit of pain meds - just to help him continue to relax. He doesn't appear to be in any pain.

I feel like my heart is breaking though...Minnie...Liberty...Barry...Hepburn...Wedge. My "special needs" bunnies - all gone - in such a short period of time.

In Wedge's case - we really think he just doesn't want to live without Hepburn - I can't interest him in anything and he's just really depressed.

I will update when he passes....and we're still waiting on Darla to have her babies and trying to keep her from putting more clothes under the dresser.

Peg, I'm so sorry. I've seen that happen too. That happened to Moon. I will be thinking of you guys, and hoping that Wedge pulls through, but that if he doesn't, he has a calm and peaceful trundle to the bridge.

Thinking of you Peg. Just a PM away.

Oh, Peg, this is heartbreaking. Even the thought of loosing one of my bunnies really frightens me. I cannot begin to imagine what you must be going through.

Flashy wrote:
Peg, I'm so sorry. I've seen that happen too. That happened to Moon. I will be thinking of you guys, and hoping that Wedge pulls through, but that if he doesn't, he has a calm and peaceful trundle to the bridge.

Thinking of you Peg. Just a PM away.
Honestly - at this point - hope for a peaceful passing. That is the only thing that can happen at this point with the way his body appears to be shutting down. This is what happened to GingerSpice and I knew when she reached the point of no return (same with Tiny really when I think back on it).

Its mainly a matter of time right now - and I have to run out to Walmart to get oatmeal for everyone else.

Wedge had a good life- he knew he was adored - he was often spoiled rotten - and he had a best friend to play with. I could probably fight to extend his life - by a few hours maybe - but I want to allow him the dignity of passing at the time he chooses.

He does not appear to be in pain - just sleepy and wanting to pass.

But yeah - it is breaking my heart. To see him even turn away from baby food - that was the heartbreaker for me.

Then I will be wishing for a painfree and peaceful passing from his loved life, to the bridge.

x

He's in Robin's arms (I just got home) - he's going soon....

I can't bring myself to hold him right now - its just really hitting me hard....

He's gone.

I'm sorry - I can't talk right now.

It wasn't the most peaceful passing but it wasn't like some we've had...so I guess I am thankful for that.

Latest posts

Back