Quantcast

Peg's Place - 2009

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

TinysMom

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
15,929
Reaction score
42
Location
, Texas, USA
SweetSassy wrote:
If I remember right, the vet is hours away from Peg. Not sure how many but it's a drive.
The vet I prefer to use is 3 1/2 hours away (one way) - and I have to drive through some traffic I hate...bridges, etc.

She is the vet I used when Tiny got ill - and when I called around to find a vet up there (I was going to use an emergency vet who had done some work with rabbits) - I was told that she was highly recommended (by the emergency vet) and that she saw a large % of the rabbits in the San Antonio area because she was so good.

As I told her today - I never forgot how she walked in and saw Tiny and gave a big smile and said, "Oh - I love rabbits." You could tell it by the way she handled him and how he responded to her - Zeus and Sophia have all responded to her very well too.

What I didn't know until today is that she would have a rabbit (or more) herself if she wasn't allergic to them. I think she tried to have some once but found she couldn't due to the fur. She can work on them at work - on a limited basis - but even today when she was done with Sophia I could see that her allergies were acting up. She stated that it was worth it because she does love the rabbits so much.

I mentioned that she might be able to handle mini-rex fur and she said she might look into that because her daughter REALLY wants a rabbit and she does love working with them herself.

I've actually used three other vets in the past with various rabbits - none of them responded to the vets as my three rabbits have responded to her. It is like they know she loves rabbits.

So I guess its worth the drive....cause I know I'm gonna make it in Jan or Feb. to have Sophia neutered.
 

TinysMom

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
15,929
Reaction score
42
Location
, Texas, USA
paul2641 wrote:
Oh that is a bummer that Sophia isn't suitable for breeding, Are you planning on getting some new stock, Or keeping the best from this litter?
For right now I'm taking the "let's wait and see" approach. There is no need to hurry into a decision - I can wait and see what the babies look like. The good thing is that Mercury is her half-brother - so I can still get some of the good qualities from him (they are both from Jack Langely's top show buck).

One thing I have noticed about the litters right off is that the Mecury/Athena litter looked more promising (even from day one) than the Hermes/Sophia litter did at the same age. There were two early on that had the massive heads I'm looking for (which is only part of what I want...but I keep thinking about what Jack Langely said about Mercury since he'd come from a repeat breeding and his older brother was doing very well on the tables. Jack acted like he knew from the time Mercury was young that he was developing just like his brother did...when I look at these two kits - I so see their dad in them).

So I'm going to wait and see and think about my options.
 

Latest posts

Top