Peg's Lionhead thread / babies/ moms & more

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you - I just love her. She has a mismark and can not be shown (plus she is not a showable color for lionheads).

One person who breeds and knows rabbits told me in a PM that she was"stunning" and I think she is. She has the potential to be the rabbit Iwant her to be.

In spite of her mismark, she is going to become part of my black otterprogram. She can add the type and mane that I need so badly in thatline of rabbits. As I've shared on my rabbitry website, my goal is topull a COD (Certificate of Development) in 2010 in either:chocolate, siamese sable, chocolate otter or black otter...dependingupon what already has certificates in progress. I think my heart ismainly in the chocolate and chocolate otter but I've been told thatblack otter would be easier to get passed...

Peg

Haley wrote:
Ooh I want Foxy Lady! She is gorgeous!

Lionhead Nationals:

This show is held every year in Columbus, OH as a specialty show thatis part of the Ohio State show. I think this is the 2nd largest show inthe nation. The lionhead breeders already have their headquarters hotelselected and it is soooo cool to go there because you'll go down thehallway and see folks who've put their rabbitry name on the door and ifthey have anything for sale. I just made our reservations yesterday andI'm so psyched.

Anyway - there are about 12,000 rabbits total shown thatweekend.....last year there were close to 600 lionheads registered butI forget the total amount that were shown.

Of course, the show is free to folks who want to go and browse.....it only costs to go if you're showing a rabbit (entry fees).

The show is held at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus - at one of theirbuildings (they have several buildings as it is a huge area).

For those in New England - think of it like the New England Expo forrabbits...and you'll see just about every type of rabbit there and haveopportunities to buy them at pretty decent prices.

For more information on the show (at least the lionhead show) go towww.lionhead.us and click on the National Show links...you'll see theawards we have - the hotel information - all sorts of good stuff.

This year we've gotten so big that we need FOUR judges and we're havinga YOUTH show too. This is amazing for a rabbit club that is less than10 years old.

Peg

There is one problem with this statement.

Lionheads are like potato chips...you can't have just one...

Peg

JadeIcing wrote:
If you keep doing this to me I am going to habe to get a lionhead.

I am going to work on the hubby...

I want to go!

What's the New England Expo? Are youtalking about the Big E? If so, then I've been missing outall my life and will definitely have to go this year!

TinysMom wrote:
There is one problem with this statement.

Lionheads are like potato chips...you can't have just one...

Peg

JadeIcing wrote:
If you keep doing this tome I am going to habe to get a lionhead.
:shock:

amundb wrote:
What's the New England Expo? Are you talking aboutthe Big E? If so, then I've been missing out all my life andwill definitely have to go this year!
No it isnt.

Oops - I was thinking of the Big E.....

Actually the Ohio show is just rabbits....but the place it is at is like the Big E.....HUGE....

http://www.osrba.net/ is the site for the Ohio State Rabbit Breeders Association..

and from: http://www.ohioexpocenter.com/oec/oec1.php?date=2007-5-5&month=5&year=2007&day=5

Ohio State Rabbit Breeders Show & Sale
May 5, 2007 - May 6, 2007
Time: Time:TBD
Price: Free

http://www.osrba.net

This is the largest state rabbit show in the country featuring around12,000 rabbits. 45 different breeds will be represented with around 15commercial and 20 private vendors present with tons of rabbit items andproducts for sale. Security will be present on sight.

God I want to go. Thing is if we want to go to Montana in the summer we should save money... We are looking at moving away.

Let me put it this way.....

The hotel we're staying at is like $40.46 for the night (before taxes).The trip is 600+ miles one way. So you're looking at gas for 1200miles, plus $45 for the room...plus whatever you eat.

It could be a "second honeymoon getaway" - especially if you two like to talk when you're trapped together in the car.....

Some things to consider:

a. between now and then can you sell some stuff at a garage sale to make the money

b. Can you do some sort of extra oddball job stuff....maybeoffer to clean houses for a weekend or shovel snow? What about help anelderly person with their housework for a day or two?

c. Do you have a birthday/anniversary coming up that you can ask relatives for CASH for the gift?

d. I don't know what your expenses would be for the gas...butif you need to rent a car - I found some of the smaller cars getexcellent gas mileage and may make up for the cost of the rental forthe savings you get in gas!

Peg

I am going work on this. Look at my name. How did that happen! I just saw ton of buttons.

Hmm.....well.....if you have a headache too it's cause Pipp hit you on the head while you weren't looking.

Congrats on being a mod...don't know if an official post is out there yet..

Peg

JadeIcing wrote:
I am going work on this.Look at my name. How did that happen! I just saw ton of buttons.

Nope it isn't. I am so going to work on my blog...

Guess what...we are trying to figure out if we can go. I think the biggest hurdle is the animals.:ponder:

Hehe!! YAY!! This is so neat...

How exciting...:D

:shock::thud::faint:

If my husband gets the time off on Monday we are going! We are reserving the room today!

Well guys - we just need to set up a place tohave LUNCH that day...either bring lunch or go to McDonald's which isright off the Expo grounds...

Peg

Well we will know Monday....

Back