Patches is driving me insane =\

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't allow him on your bed. If you want to litter box train him you need to confine him to his cage or small area til he's peeing in his litter box.

Acat litter box is best. If he pees outside the litter box soak it up with a paper towel then put it in the litter box. Same with poo's, put in litter box. I would put hay in the litter box so when he eats, he'll pee and poo in the box. They usually go where they eat. Also, do not use bedding in the cage. It will confuse the bunny. Put cardboard down or nothing in the cage bottom.

Hope this helps. If he starts to pee on your bed, have you tried telling him "NO"? Not yelling, but getting his attention. Then maybe returning him to his cage.

Good Luck,... :)April

Use some kind of litter. I use Oxbow Eco-straw. Alot of people talk about Yesturdays News.

I wouldn't use bedding til he learns to go in the litter box. He may think the bedding is litter. It confuses them.

Depends on how stubborn he is. LOl. My babies picked it up in 2 days. Poo'ing won't be all the time in the box. I would just worry about the pee first. Hopefully he will do it within the next few days.

Keep pees and poos picked up the best you can. So he knows it goes in the litter box. I check every couple hours or so and clean it up. I try not to leave anything on the floor. Let me know how he does. :)

ok so all i did was pick up his poo and the shavings soaked in urine and put it in his litter box and a day later he just goes in there! i was in absolute shock that he litter trained so easily again thank you for all of your help =]

:highfive:Go April for great advice on litter training!

The other thing about beds is that it is heavily "marked" with YOUR smell. He's likely trying to assert his dominance over that area as "his".

A fleece sheet on the bed will stop urine from leaking through, but won't stop him from peeing there. No real way to get around it...

Has Patches been neutered yet? Neutering often lowers the territorial drive of males.

I put those pee pads on my bed and hope for the best. I agree they just can't resist peeing on the bed. But it's so fun petting your bun while lying in bed!

Latest posts

Back