Panic? - Larger poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kassidylangiano

Reaction score
Okay... So my bunny has been out and about the room this morning and as I was doing my 'poop picking' to tidy up I noticed that some are larger than the rest.... But the same shape and consistency... I don't know if I should be worried or not? ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1391418383.361745.jpg

Mine have done the same in the past and they weren't sick or in pain or distress.. they seemed to be ok and weren't having any problems or grunting like they were in pain or hunched over. Did you note any signs of distress with your bunny? Sometimes mine makes bigger poohs at times! other times a bit smaller. I think it's off how much mine have been eating.. if they are outside eating grass like crazy then they have abit bigger pooh with my girls that go out..

Vanessa

No he seems his normal happy self which is why I found it strange... He has got a bit bigger in size since I got him so maybe that could be it? I just worry about everything... Plus he's started to munch through his hay a lot faster than normal and he doesn't grunt at all...

My rabbit is the same. I think for mine it has to do with what she's eating and also if she's stressed out(like if it was the day after the vet or nail trims or if I practiced picking her up a lot). I've also found that her poops got smaller after feeding her Oxbow Immunity Support tablets.

Your rabbit eating more hay could be the reason for the bigger poop. More hay and fiber usually will mean larger poop. More carbs and sugars will cause smaller poop.

You should have nothing to worry about unless your bunny seems in pain or distress. It simply means he's been eating more fibre, which is good but keep a close eye on him for a few days.

Latest posts

Back