Pam Nock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionheadLady

Reaction score
1st I want to thank her for all she does for this site!

Also for being a great judge! She has judged us many times... some we have won, some we have lost... she is always honest & caring... some judges do not care when handling rabbits... Some are so rough... Pam is gentle & kind with them!

She talks to the kids and it shows that she cares! She will explain things to people who ask questions with out barking back at them. She teaches everyone she judges!

This past weekend she judged our rabbits again. She handled the English Lops so wonderful, she looked at them not just for the ears but for the bodies as it should be. She was amazing to say the least. She posed them correctly, she took her time to set them up... she measured the ears... We have been judged where judges have not ever measured ears... Or who just measured the ears & judged on the longest ears & nothing to do with balance or body!

The thing that moved me was when she picked the BOB & BOS... (They both happened to by my daughter) No one clapped, no one gave her a congrats, then Pam said, What no congrats to the winners? She knows good sportsmanship & tried to promote it.... I was writing and heard her & thought wow! She is really a stand up judge! Everyone then clapped & said way to go... My daughter is the 1st to always say congrats to the winners. Most youth I am finding lately are forgetting the sportsmanship involved in this hobby. Pam made sure to mention it. She also explained to everyone what certain things were... she told how she judges and how sometimes it might be a DQ & others you can keep it in... She was also so sweet to a girl who was in a wheel chair & mentally challenged. She spoke to her sweetly & kindly including her with the conversations... I could not be more impressed with how Pam judged this breed.

Even lionheads... most judges hate them... Pam has judged ours a few times & with out 1 complaint about the standard, about the rabbits, about the breed...

Pam, Thanks for being a great judge... thanks for caring... thanks for all of your help on this forum! You are an amazing person & an amazing judge! Keep up the great work you do!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Yea Pam! :clapping:

She doesn'tget much credit that she really deserves. :blueribbon:
When are you comingout to theWest to judge? :biggrin2:

blushing.gif

Thank you for your kind words. I have a wonderful time judging at the MD shows - all the exhibitors are awesome! Can't wait to come back to MD this weekend. :)

Pam

:bunnydance:Yay Pam! :bunnydance:

The hobby/sport? of showing rabbitscould not thrive without good, caring judges! Traveling and judging most weekends must keep you incredibly busy. Thanks for your dedication.

I have no idea whether you have judged any of our showshere in the midwest (I know there is a Pamwho judges, who is FABULOUS, but it is a commonname ;)), but most of our judges have your same attitude of caring, teaching, and sportsmanship. Even when we don't "win", we have fun and we learn so much!

I'm thinking that's probably Pam Jones - I watched her judge Hollands one year at PA state convention and she was wonderful.

Pam

LionheadLady wrote:
Pam, Thanks for being a great judge... thanks for caring... thanks for all of your help on this forum! You are an amazing person & an amazing judge! Keep up the great work you do!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I'll second that! Thanks Pam! :great: I was impressed watching her at last years Pa Convention... second to none!

Along with the loss of sportsmanship is a lack of manners... very few people take the time to thank Judges for their efforts. I'm so glad you did this!

I'll third everyone else! It is hard to find good judges. I've had a few in the past four years of showing rabbits, but none ever went above and beyond like Pam does. While I don't think she has judged any of mine, I have met friends in the show world that speak praise of her and here. Always when I get a question or thought, If I can't find the judge I am looking for that I usually talk to, I come here to all of you!

We need more people like Pam, everywhere!

If Pam only knew how much we all appreciate her!

Personally, many judges are pretty rough posing the New Zealands and mine just do NOT respond well to that. They are used to me being light handed and most times will pose on their own if you don't just yank them around. Now, I do have one buck "starbuck" who is an extreme "pusher" that you have to force, but I had an experience this weekend with a hard-handed judge and a jr. doe that just made me cringe. . .

Pam, you really are a wonderful judge with excellent advise and a fair placement. I can't say I've ever disagreed with any of your classes you've judged for me yet. I also love the way you treat the kids and help them to learn.

All we can say is "Thank You" and, if, in the rare event you ever need ANYTHING- we'll be here to help you out.

Blaze_Amita wrote:

I think that for every person who likes me, there areat least10 that don't - that certainly keeps me humble LOL

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Blaze_Amita wrote:

I think that for every person who likes me, there areat least10 that don't - that certainly keeps me humble LOL

Pam
Probably cause they're not on this forum and haven't gotten to know you here...

BlueGiants wrote:
LionheadLady wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I'll second that! Thanks Pam! :great: I was impressed watching her at last years Pa Convention... second to none!

Along with the loss of sportsmanship is a lack of manners... very few people take the time to thank Judges for their efforts. I'm so glad you did this!
Win or lose, we thank who ever judges our rabbits every time they judge them! I think people who show should remember the sportsmanship & Manors, say congrats to the winners & thank you to the judges.... It is the only way to go!

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
If Pam only knew how much we all appreciate her!

Personally, many judges are pretty rough posing the New Zealands and mine just do NOT respond well to that. They are used to me being light handed and most times will pose on their own if you don't just yank them around. Now, I do have one buck "starbuck" who is an extreme "pusher" that you have to force, but I had an experience this weekend with a hard-handed judge and a jr. doe that just made me cringe. . .

Pam, you really are a wonderful judge with excellent advise and a fair placement. I can't say I've ever disagreed with any of your classes you've judged for me yet. I also love the way you treat the kids and help them to learn.

All we can say is "Thank You" and, if, in the rare event you ever need ANYTHING- we'll be here to help you out.
You should see some of the judges with the english lops! They handle them so rough throw them into a hole & push the wire down with an ear out!! Most do not tuck the ears back into the hole with them! Pam handles them so great!

LionheadLady wrote:
Well, those other must just be crazy :biggrin2: Not normal like us :pinkbouce::inlove::bunnydance:

I knew there must be some logical explanation. :biggrin2:

Pam

Latest posts

Back