Pam Nock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flip a coin Carolyn :)

My brother had 2 intact bonded males thatnever fought. On the other hand, 2 altered males may fight.

I think it's a good sign that they go along during their visit,however, you may find a change in attitude once Calbert gets settled.

Calbert certainly couldn't go to a better home. I thinkyou'll be able to identify and head off any problems immediately.

Pam

Calbert will be fine no matter what happens, I can assure you.

Just don't want it to upset Tucker's lifeor personality too much.

Right now, I'mleaning towardsa trialbasis. When Buck and the Mrs. bring the rabbits up for theParty, it might be a good time to see how things go at that time as tohow they'd get along. If Calbert and Tucker got into a fight,Tucker could get seriously hurt as Calbert's quite bigger.

It really wouldn't be fair to Tucker if they were to really dislikeeach other over the long haul. Calbert's such a cool rabbitthough. He's cuddly and sweet and not half the troublemakermy little Tucker-Bucker is. Although, like Pamnock said, thatcould change as he gets settled in.

-Carolyn

aww...how sweet! im still thinkingabout adopting a little girlfriend forbatman but im not surehow well he would get along with another bunny.(not to brag)hes very attached to me &spoiled and whatnot...plushe seems very happy with it being justthe two of us. so idont know.:?

Batbunny,

Having a girlfriend for Batman could change the dynamics of your relationship with him.

Calbert and Tucker are both males and it's my hope that when they'reout together, they'll just ignore each other. If not, then itwon't work, but I'm willing to give it a try. Of coursethey'll be in separate cages.

I'm going to give it a trial run if Buck agrees and see where it takes us.

I just really want to be fair to Tucker because he goes nuts if he'sgot to be in his cage when I'm home. If I have to dividetheir time for exercise, I'm afraid it won't work because it's not fairto Tucker and the way he's always lived his life with me.

-Carolyn

Tyson and Megan get along together like two peasin a pod :( I really wish my mom would let me have him. If she can'tfind a home for him she says she might just let him free into the wild.And I'm not sure a domestic rabbit can do so well out on its own. SoI'm desperatly trying to find a home for little Tyson!

yea...if he was happywouldntmind that, as long as he still gave me cuddles:p. i just want him to beas happy as he possibly can be & im not sure how he would feelabout another bunny.

Although there are domestic buns on record whoseem to have surpassed all odds and are surving in the wild in a fewareas in the US, it seems more than likely most would succumb quicklyto predators, automobiles, starvation. ticks, fleas,worms,etc.

I would try to discourage that line of thought, MyBunnyLovesMe. Euthanasia might be a better fate.:(

Buck

Good Morning Dr. Pam,

Do rabbits pass gas?

-Carolyn

LOL Carolyn -- that's what my hubby calls me ;)

I'm no expert on flatulence, but as far as I am aware, rabbits do indeed "break wind".

Pam

Thanks Doc! :dude: I knew you'd be able to tell us.

I was going to ask if they 'expel.' That was the fancy word my dad usedto use. "Oooo, Excuse me. I just expelled!" But I just wanted to beclear so that everyone could understand. *laughs*

Batbunny,

That's too funny that Batman jumped. As if he didn't know it wascoming! Always trying to get away with something, that little guy. Givehim a squeeze for me.

I have to go play my CD now. You may not know the song, but this posthas me thinking about it now after you mentioned your experience withBatman.

"I feel the earth move under my feet..."

-Carolyn

hahaha...maybe he was tryingto pass it off as an "oh my-what was that?" ill give him some kissesfor ya-hes still being funny about being picked up, do you think thathes still a bit sore?

Hi Batbunny,

I have a very strong suspicion that he was trying to pass it off as if it wasn't him that did that dirty act.

There's certainly a good chance of him still being soar. It takes a couple of weeks for their hormones to calm down.

Tucker never really did like being held, even after the operation. Hetolerates it pretty well now, but I rarely hold him because I know he'drather play out his independence as much as he can. Some rabbits dolike it, some hate it, some will deal with it. It's hard to predict ifhe'll go along with it in the future or not. Keep us posted.

Yes, please do give that BatMan a big cuddle for me. He's the sweetest.

-Carolyn

Hi Batbunny,

I have a very strong suspicion that he was trying to pass it off as if it wasn't him that did that dirty act.

There's certainly a good chance of him still being soar. It takes a couple of weeks for their hormones to calm down.

Tucker never really did like being held, even after the operation. Hetolerates it pretty well now, but I rarely hold him because I know he'drather play out his independence as much as he can. Some rabbits dolike it, some hate it, some will deal with it. It's hard to predict ifhe'll go along with it in the future or not. Keep us posted.

Yes, please do give that BatMan a big cuddle for me. He's the sweetest.

-Carolyn

lol-im sure if he could talk,hed blame it on me! i figured he might still be a bit tender-hell comeup to me & climb in my lap or dance around my feet to holdhim, but he does not want to be picked up. i have noticedthough, thathe doesnt want to be held as much. hed muchrather have me come crawl to him on the floor for cuddles.itwas so cute this morning-i let him out @ 6am & went back to bedfor a little while. when i woke up @ 720, he was lying in bed with me,nuzzled in my arm...i almost started crying, it was so sweet!:)

Pam, is it all right to give bunny Quaker Oats oatmeal (I have some of the one-minute kind here)?

Thanks.

BunnyMommy wrote:
Pam, is it all right to give bunny Quaker Oatsoatmeal (I have some of the one-minute kind here)?

Thanks.
That's fine. Some rabbits even enjoy it cooked, as our little hamster does :)

Pam

Hi Pam,

Are you aware of any sites that have general information for flying petrabbits from one country into another? I'm particularlycurious about Cher's situation going from China into Canada andwondered if you might shed some light on the subject. She hadwritten me the following note when I had asked her about it.

"OH MY, going home is going to be quite the ordeal...I called ChinaAirlines (well had my taiwanese friend do it actually) and asked howmuch extra I would have to pay to take them on as carry-on. THEY onlyallow dogs, cats and birds......needless to say I wrote them a nastyemail asking them to explain that mentality, and how I go about gettinga refund or a transfer to an airline that does not have such aridiculous policy (needless to say I have not heard back from them)-sonow I am in a bid of a bind. I am not sooooooo worried, I will figuresomething out. Since I can fly them through other airlines, just notwith me :(I wonder if that flight restriction during thesummer months is the US only, since most of the airlines here toCanadawill allow them ??? The cargo is temperature controlledand a lot of them say no flying during the WINTER months."

-Carolyn

Back