PA rabbit in need of loving home...(Resolved!!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparrow

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an 8 month old female rabbit who I need to find a home for. It's been a hard decision, but one that is inevitable. Ihave had a change in employment and am unable to care for her the way she should be cared for. She's pretty reliable with her litterbox and gets along well with the other animals in the house (dog and cat), but she does get nervous when people she doesn't know approach her. Iam not willing to give her to just anyone, but at the same time Ineed to find her a home in the near future... I've contacted quite a few rescues, but most are full. If anyone is able to help, I would greatly appreciate it...

IMG_3849.jpg

Wow! I think I just found Baci's twin! Such beautiful rabbit.What's her name? Good luck finding her a home.

Baci.jpg

Oh my....what a beautiful bunny!!

Wait a mo'.....wasn't Hlao a boy?? :?
Did the Gender Fairy strike again??

Is she spayed?
House bunny or outdoor?
What kind of diet is she on?
Any medical history or health concerns?

I don't have room right now, or I would most definitely consider giving her a home.
How soon do you need to rehome her?

JimD, yes it was indeed the gender fairy... I found out a few weeks after I got her that she was not at all a boy! She's definitely a house bun- though in the summer I took her outside on occassion to enjoy the sun and grass. Her litterbox habits are pretty reliable.

I've actually been struggling financially for a while, but I've been holding off trying to rehome her. Bringing her back to where I had gotten her was out of the question, but I really will need to find her a new home within the somewhat near future.

She's not spayed. I had all intentions of getting her spayed... but then I wasn't able to afford it. I actually had an appointment set up with Harmony Animal Hospital in Jersey. They're pretty experienced with 'exotics' and have a reasonable price for a rabbit spay.

I'm feeding her a combination of sweet meadow rabbit pellets, timothy hay (she had been getting alfalfa up until a couple months ago), and fresh fruits and veggies when they're available- usuallyabout 2-3 times a week (a mixture of greens, carrots, and sometimes fruit). And she's been healthy thus far.

Do you think you would be able to take her in anytime soon?

actually i go to penn all the time and was wondering if this bun is near where i go.

eta: is this bun a dutch or just a brown and white mix?

I'm in Nazareth, PA. But I'd be willing to travel to meet you if you're further away.

I'm actually not sure what she is exactly... But I'm pretty sure she's a mix of a few things- not just one thing in particular. Could be part Dutch... she seems to be built like the dutch rabbits I've seen.

i am interested in this bun and was just wondering approximatley how much she weighs. i usually go to the selinsgrove area in pennsylvania, other surrounding towns are lewisburg, freeburg, sunbury etc.

i lost my rabbit on tuesday night, i dont know what he had, he was treated for a stuffy nose and was supposed to go back to the vet. he was fine monday night through tuesday afternoon and about 8pm, he started acting lethargic. whenever something is wrong with my buns i rush them to the vet and get it taken care of. my vet was closed for the evening and he went down all too fast to do anything. i talked to my vet wednesday and after seeing him two weeks ago she's very confused and is not sure what could've happened. he showed no signs of anything all he had was a stuffy nose, nothing else.

its been hard as i had a special needs/ disabled bun that died less than a year ago from e. cuniculi. he was on constant meds and was very well taken care of.

i have had many years of experience with rabbits and am fully aware of their needs and care. my buns are very spoiled and go everywhere with me.

Ani-lover, I am so sorry to hear about your loss... Selinsgrove is about 2 hours away from Nazareth. I will get a weight on her in the morning and if you're still interested, I can travel half way to meet you when you're in PA :)

sparrow wrote:
Ani-lover, I am so sorry to hear about your loss... Selinsgrove is about 2 hours away from Nazareth. I will get a weight on her in the morning and if you're still interested, I can travel half way to meet you when you're in PA :)
I'm pretty sure ani lives out Long Island way, and maybe even passes close to Nazareth on the way to Selinsgrove.

I didn't get to weigh her today... I'll do it tomorrow for you!

Here are some more pictures quickly before I go to bed...

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

I have others from differents times, but they're on my other computer. I can post them tomorrow with her weight as well :)

those pics are so cute. i would like to see a few more if possible. she doesn't look like shes a very big rabbit just would like to know her weight, as i do have room for a bun but i dont want to have to get a huge cage. one bunny that i had when i was younger weighed about 6.5lbs, i would like to have a bun less than 6lbs since another bun would be indoor and i would like it to have enough cage space.

Okay... So I dug out our kitchen scale and I'm hoping it's acurate; it says she weighs 1.5 pounds... that seems like such a small amount, but she really isn't very heavy... :?

Here are some more pics...

41109034-1-1.jpg

41109030.jpg

Here I am holding her... kind of a dark, blurry pic- but it may give you a better idea as to her size...
DSC01604.jpg

Also, this photo was a humorous one... I left the room for a little while, and when I returned, she was nowhere to be found! I looked under everything- until I spotted her on top of my dresser (which is about chest height). I still have no clue how she got up there. This was a few months ago, so she's a tad bit bigger, but it may also give you a good idea for her size in comparison to the water bottle...
IMG_1239.jpg

And this was also a few months ago, but I thought it was an exceptionally cute one... (don't mind the random poop pellets... she is usually good with her litterbox!)
41109042.jpg

Latest posts

Back