outside play house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosalie

Reaction score
I'm building a outdoor play area for the rabbits and I was wondering if there was a specific type of dirt i should use to grow grass in that is bunny safe and also i was wanting to build a "sandbox" type thing for them to dig and and i was wondering what i might put in it for them to dig in

I'm not sure about the dirt for the lawn, though I would probably avoid anything that has chunks of slow release fertiliser in it. Though if you're growing your lawn, by the time that is grown they won't really have access to the dirt anyway.

As for the sand box, I should think just normal play sand (like you can buy in bags from stores, here you can get it from a store similar to Home Depot), I should think that any sand that's washed and/or sterilised would be fine. I've recently been thinking about getting a plastic tub and filling it for sand with Bandit, as he ignores his dig box full of paper unless it's got treats in the bottom, and he keeps trying to dig in his play tunnel, which is never going to work!

Back