Our goofy bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
So here I am cleaning around her cage. She is a naughty bun today and making a big mess as mommy tries to get the house clean (real estate agent coming over tomorrow as are in-laws). I have the house out with the attachment and am trying to clean up poos that she keeps flinging across the dining room everytime I get it cleaned up. So there is one poo just sitting on her shelf waiting to be flung. It's right at the VERY edge of her top sitting shelf. So I think to myself I can get it and she can't fling it. As I go to get it she jumps up and I end up sucking at her fur with the vacuum. I am freaking out in a panic thinking she is going to go bonkers and hurt herself or worse. My darling little bun turns around and presents her shedding backside to the vacuum and then sits there in total ecstasy that I'm vacuuming her very gently. Now she HATES the brush. Will not tolerate it one bit. Usually I end up having to "pluck" her clumpy fur during shed season. Not today. She got vacuumed. So my panic attack from her goofy behavior turned into a good thing instead. :bunny18

That's pretty amazing! I never figured that a bun would (literally) sit still for such a "spa" treatment. :D

My hubby (funny guy that he thinks he is) has joked that our twogirls (who weigh 3 lbs. and 4 lbs., respectively) could easily be picked up/held by the vacuum wand. I contend that they'd kick our backsides if we even tried to vacuum them--even if just to remove a lil' loose hair. Ain't gonna happen, no sir. (They know where we sleep....)

:?

Jenk

:laugh:

Jamie sits there shaking when ever we vacum. maybe your girl could come over and talk to him sometime:tongue? when he sheds like crazy i usually just have to pull it off, he won't sit for brushing, either!

I've used the Vacuum to suck the fur off some of my past bunnies. They weren't to happy with it but didn't stress out over it. Fluffy is so curious now and if i'm vacuuming he'll come up to it and see what's going on. Monsters on the other hand will run away. I've never tried it on fluffy 'casue of his long fur.

Zamboni hates to be brushed but loves to have the vacuum hose ran over him. I use the brush attachment on him too. When I clean his and Sammy's cages I pull the mat liners out and vacuum them. Zamboni will sit on one of the mats until I detach the hose and run it over him then he runs off binking and doing his little 500s around the living room. Bunnies can be very strange at times.

I should add that the ferrets like the vacuum too. Koko will put her nose in the hose when I have the wand attachment on the hose. Ajax will go and lay down on the mats sometimes by Zamboni and I have to pick him up and move him. He can't hear and will just sit there; well in his case just lay there he is our fat boy too.lol The others will pounce on it and run off and then run around behind me and attack it again. When I shut it off they just all look at me like what did I do that for. Once I turn it back on the all break into their ferret war dances and the game continues!

:laugh:That's priceless! She wants cleaned up too! She needs to be presentable for the realtor and inlaws!!

Latest posts

Back