oops, guilty as charged

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmas rabbit

Reaction score
So my birthday was on 9 -11, a pretty easy day to remember. My children made me a cake and supper, but my husband did nothing. That really hurt as he just took it for granted that everything was being done, so he had to do nothing, not even a card. I have been telling him for the last month that karma sucks, so it will get him back. Well today is his birthday. I had planned on doing nothing, but just couldn't go through with it and the grandkids expect birthday cake, ice cream etc. So I get up this morning, inquire about what he would like for his special dinner, talk about going to get a cake as I am working today and too busy to make one, get the kids to sing him happy birthday before they leave for school ( stayed over because a water pipe broke in their house). I am working at the computer in the shop when he comes in looking rather pleased with himself. In his arms are a lovely bouquet of flowers. Said that he didn't like to do things when expected, likes surprises, and wanted to do something nice for me on his birthday. Hey, I wouldn't have put anything toxic in his cake or supper, after all me and the kids are eating it too.:wink

aww, he certainly managed to pull his butt out of the fire at the last minute, didn't he? ;)

This reminds me of our first Valentine's day after we were married -- mind you we married in January. So after just one month of married life he totally forgets Valentines Day -- no card, no flowers, no candy -- not a peep.
He had to do some serious make up for that one but he hasn't missed a Valentine's day for 27 years.

Glad to hear your hubby made the effort to make amends. :wink

Latest posts

Back