Oops, be very careful....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmfh

Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to give a heads up. If it looks like clover and everyone back to your great grandpa calls it clover, it might not be clover!!!!! I just found out that I have been feeding by rabbit Oxalis stricta, yellow wood sorrel. My rabbit loves it and eats it like it is going out of style and it is not recommended for rabbits and is slowly poisonous due to high levels of oxalis acid. I'm hoping that my rabbit turns out to be ok. I should have researched this better but I honestly thought it was a clover. Hope this helps anyone out there who might make the same mistake. This plant looks like three leaf clover but gets tiny yellow flowers and later on develops exploding seed pods.

I just recently found some of that growing in my backyard, I gave a handfull with other greens to my biggest rabbit. She only ate 1/2 of it and that was a red flag to me that there was something not quite right about it or she would have eaten all of it-- she is such a piggy. I would have sworn that was clover too.

With your rabbit my guess would be that if she also gets other things to eat, pellets, hay and other greens then you probably weren't feeding her enough to do any real harm.

Latest posts

Back