Only buns-who has just one?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momof2buns

Reaction score
I didn't think that the bunny bug would get me so soon after getting Abby! The plan was to keep Abby as a singleton for a year and then think of adding another bun to our family. Now, not even a month later, I'm wanting another. I guess it's because I think she is lonely during the day and when we take her for a walk in the yard, both kids fight over who holds the leash. lol:biggrin2:I'm definately going to try to wait a while but the idea has crossed my mind. heehee

So...

Who else has an only bun? :bunny24

For those of youwho have more than one, do you think your bunnies are more happier with each other?:bunnieskiss

ETA: We were going to get two mini rexes the end of nextmonth but unfortunately the doe is a biter and left her owner needing stitches-eek. She didn't want to send either one to a home with kids knowing that they bothare showingaggressiveness. :(

I used to have just one bun - Toby. He was my little gray guy and I got very close to him while I was unemployed for awhile. Once I was going to go back to work, I was worried that he would be alone and sad. We got Emma, and he seems to like her, but they fight every once in awhile. I have seen other people have pairs of buns that are very happy with each other. I noticed that the bunnies ignore people more and play around with each other. They still come a'runnin' for treats, though! :D

Yeah, I didn't think of that, I bet they do get more attatched to each other and want to distance from their bun moms/dads. Interesting...

My Toby still comes to me for nose scratchies. He will jump up on our bed to wake me up, too! When he was a single bun, he would jump up on the bed and lick my face, stick his whiskers up my nose, and shove his face under my hand to wake me up for head pets. He doesn't do that often anymore, but I still get my random acts of affection from him. :)

I had an only bun, Max, for about 3 years. Just last fall I brought home a baby girl minnie lop for him since both my bf and I were going to be MUCH busier and he needed a friend. Luckily they did finally bond after 2.5 months and are happy together. But in my experience, both bunnies still want lots of snuggles and attention from the humans as well as each other. But I think it helped that we had both bunnies very bonded to us first.

If you want your bunnies to bond more successfully whenever you get a second, be sure to pay close attention to their personalities. For example, my bun Max is very dominant, needy, top dog personality, and energetic. So I picked the most laid back, calm, sweet, submissive girl bunny I could find. And their personalities worked together. If you get two semi-dominant personalities together there will likely be fighting and they may not bond.

I had just 1 bunny for 3 months

Now I have Splinter and his actual sister :)

I love them both so much

I only have storm and I want to get him another bun to play with.
Sense I am home all the time its a little different right now.

He still only get 6 hours run time cause the dog need run time also.
The bunny nit has got me to I am looking almost had one.

Thinking about 2.

I think it would be good for you to get another bun if you can handle it.
And afford it.

Lola is a swinging single......

she'd like to play with Bella (cat) but Bella is scared to death of the "killer bunny"

Lola was a rescue....but we didn't know the first thing about Buns, until we said we'd take her...we figured we couldn't be worse that what she was dealing with! (she was a Easter Bunny...and bounced from home to home after that...)

se as far as I'm concerned if you say yes...that animal is yours for life...no matter what!

I once had only one. He truly was my world and when he died my world fell apart and that was the worst thing that ever happened in my life. I won't ever have just one bun again. I now have 17, and much prefer having more to just one (which is nothing against any of my buns, especially Flash, it's just, in a way, easier).

At the moment , I too only have just one bunny. I usually have 2 at a time. I plan on getting a girl. Actually, I plan on getting a few different breeds of bunny. I have a buck Mini rex now. I love him. His name is Bilo. I had an english angora who I used to show in contests, but she died at 1 year old from a seizure. I waited almost 3 years until I could deal with another bunny. My boyfriend surprised me this Valentines day with Bilo. He is now a ''rabbit person''.

I think having 1 rabbit is okay for a while. You need time to mingle with your bunny and make sure he/she is healthy and see the personality type of your bun.

Nothing wrong with having just one....but be careful.. they are addicting!

Thanks for all the replies everyone, it really gives me some insight into considering another bun, lots to think about.:) Abby is quite happy being an only bun I'm afraid to say...she knows she's spoiled rotten and loves it. lol Have a great weekend everybody!

I'm sure Abby gets lots of attention and love! There's no reason to feel badly about having a "single," I think.

Like you, I've only got one bun, and though I'd like to get one or two more, the time isn't right. When I'm in a more settled situation, others will join Nibbles. Until then, I get my dose of "extra buns" by checking out various websites (like this one).

I had one bun first- Benji. Then I worried that he was lonely, even though he spent most of his time with me, I thought he might want the company of another rabbit. That's when I got Pippin, with the intention of bonding them. When I first got Pippin I was told he was a girl....and then I found out her was a boy. Of course, I was so in love with him I just couldn't take him back.

I tried so hard to bond them but, even though they would sit and groom each other and settle down together etc. they would fight too, and I just can't risk it.

So while they have their own hutches, my Dad has built a VERY big run, with a partition down the middle, so they go in their run every day and have bunny snuggles through the bars- they can have their bunny chats and grooms all day! Which they do! But I know they can't hurt each other.

So everything has worked out great for me- my buns are definately not lonely, I have two bunny's who I love with all my heart and can't imagine a life without, and they can spend hours and hours together, quite literally snuggled up, but can't fight.

You can see from my avatar that they deliberately spend time close together in the run- and considering that run is about12 feet wide then they clearly love eachother!

:D:D

Scone's an only bunny, and likely to remain so. He's happy and very bonded to me (and vice versa), so I don't think he lacks anything.

He's always got his stuffed girlfriends for umm... recreation, and he snuggles with the Borders Bunny I bought for him last Easter, but the few times he's been near real bunnies he just ignored them.
sconetwin9349.jpg

I used to have just one, Harper, but I had hardly had him a week before wanting more. XD

He's my only inside bunny, though. I want another inside bunny, but Popcorn and Butter are not picking up on the litter training too well.

I've never had, and probably never will have, only one rabbit I'm more of a many rabbit person lol. I don't know, for some reason I really enjoy having three rabbits way more then having two, I love looking after them all and knowing their different personalities and stuff.

Latest posts

Back