One Singleton?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weedflemishgiants wrote:
Rose's Singleton at 10 weeks- quite a difference.

binker002.jpg
Still trying to get a show position. The first picture is too hunched up, the second too MUCH extension. LOL. Either way, it shows his rise.

weedflemishgiants wrote:
weedflemishgiants wrote:
Rose's Singleton at 10 weeks- quite a difference.

binker002.jpg
Still trying to get a show position. The first picture is too hunched up, the second too MUCH extension. LOL. Either way, it shows his rise.
I'll keep trying, but experience has shown the judges will choose one or the other- too much extensionor too little and I am sure the rabbit will be equally as cooperative.
:biggrin2:

Oh my Gosh are you saying, this little cutie,

newbaby11days004.jpg

Refusingnestboxday14001.jpg

is now this BIG cutie.

binker002.jpg

Good God they grow fast. He's huge but Beautiful.

Susan
hase148.gif
hase328.gif

Hey some people swear the rabbit can be trained to assume the show position. Don't know if that is true or not and not sure some of the judges would not change it anyway but it is worth a try.

There is another side to the story of being an only bunny. Not only is he huge, but he is also incredibly extroverted and pushy.

Since I sold Aernoud the other day, my sweet little avatar went to Oregon, Binker has Aernoud's cage instead of having to have his strapped to the wall. He is just incredibly, incredibly spoiled. :eats:Not to mention eating me out of house and home. He is way into 6-8 weight now and he is fifteen weeks. Not quite sure what to do with him yet.

Nice looking boy, good luck with him if you decide to keep and show him. Just something that I do in case a doe doesn't pull enough fur is save dryer lint, have a big bag of it. Usually put it under the babies and the pulled fur on top, because I have had does that didn't like it on their babies. Keeps them very warm.

Thank you Bramblerose. I had not thought of dryer lint. A friend of mine told to keep all fur from moults as well and put it through the washing machine in a pantyhose bag with a non scented soap. so I've been collecting fur as well. I like the idea of lint on the bottom as a lining though.

It is only really an issue in winter litters as the snow is so hard here.

Hey you just reminded me that I have a small bag of Satin Angora fur stashed somewhere just for this purpose, saving it for my rare cold weather litter. I feel you on the snow, I haven't bred the the last few winters because its just too frigid here, so I gave up. So how much does he weigh now? I have light grays, and they just never have the size that the sandies do, and certainly not when their that young.

He's gigantic. I didn't weigh him this week. Sure I will today though as I have people coming for the babies.

In my last three litters I have found the rabbits to go in this order size wise- sandy, white and fawn.

For some reason my whites are just about as big as the sandies, but the fawns run behind that. Ears as well. This last litter has enormous ears in the whites and sandies, but the fawns, while long enough, don't scream look at me in ear length. LOL.

I have not done blacks, grays and steels in a long while about three years wanting to concentrate only on fawns and sandies. But my blacks were hulkers while my grays were smaller. And I found the steels to run just about as big as the sandies.

Grays do run smaller and blues as well.

Latest posts

Back