OMG A KITTY!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
It was 7:30AM, i had just gotten to work and my brother calls me.

"Did you get another cat?"
"No? Is that black thing hangin' around outside again?"
"No this one is inside."
"How'd a cat get inside my house?!"
"I think Mercy had babies... Its rolling around on the couch..."

This was on my couch when I got home...

kit1.jpg

kit.jpg

kit2.jpg

kit3.jpg

I don't think my other cat impregnated her. He's still very young and hasn't shown any interest in her whatsoever. I also think he may be ab it ''slow''.

Well my boss told me this morning that he'd take 2 kittens from me. But since I haveo ne Ig uess thats cool too. Then I'd see kitten all the time at work. (I work at a stable, and one of our barn cats died a few montsh ago...this one resembles its' reincarnate)

-JAK

Aw sooo cute! I think it might be a good idea to get your cats spayed/neuteured though. Whatever about rabbits but there are DEFO enough cats in the world :)

Yeah this was my oriignal plan. I got MErcy for free out of a shady pet store. I felt bad, she was covered in fleasand scared to death. Sinoskei was on his wayto the shelter after multiple failed attempts at finding a home. One family returned himw ithin 24 hours because he ''scratched'' their child. Geez he was 12 weeks old. Were you watching your kid?

I keep them indoors. Sinoskei, if he gets out, just chills on my porch or sits on my chickens.

MErcy will wander though, probably in search of male cat parts. She always comes back within ad ay though. though she hasn't escaped anytime within the last 4 months I'd say. I never thought she was prego. But then again there was only 1 baby in there apparently.

*sigh* whatev. I really hate cats.

I don't mind cats, if you can I'd make an appointment to get the male done while she's with her babies. Then get her done after. Even though the male sticks around now he won't during the mating season, they travel for miles to find females, only coming back evey few days to eat. So try and book him in asap ;)

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
It'll get done when it gets done.
Not a very good attitude towards it but ok. Just giving you advice on what's best for those poor cats :(Just watch your male, could get ripped up in a fight with another male :(

WOW, WOMAN!! You just keep on gettin' those surprises!! What the heck!!

Welcome to yer new home, kitteh! Give that kitteh a kiss for me...well, both of them...wait...all of them. LOL!

Hugs to you, Woman!

:hug: :wave:

Why did you let your female unspayed cat outside? You had to know she'd get pregnant sooner or later.

Why do you have two cats one unspayed one unneutered living together? How old is the male you have? Him being "slow" and you not noticing him show any interest means nothing. Males can and do become sexually active as young as 5 months sometimes even younger then that.

If I sound like a witch right now then so be it. But this infuriates me, I've worked in cat rescue for years, heard all of the excuses and then some. Everyone one of these little oppsies is a big deal maybe not to you or someone but to those working in cat rescue its a huge deal and a huge stress. There are over 600 cats where I work, not counting all the cats in foster homes. Not counting all the people coming in every day dropping off their cats for insane and stupid reasons, its all I have in me not to go ape on them. We've had several pregnant females brought in,one of the ownerssaid they didn't think their cats would breed because they were brother and sister. Another said their male was only 4 months old how could he mate with their aged female.

To make matters worse they aren't even purebred which may keep them out of the shelters may not seeing as we have several Himalayans and Meezers, 30% of all animals in shelters are purebreds so that’s not even a promise if they had been purebred they should stay out of shelters. The world doesn't need anymore DSH/DMH/DLH cats, it has more then it knows what to do with and you just helped add to it.

What you breed, oppsie or not you are responsible for should for some reason new owners no longer want it you better be prepared to take it back it didn't ask to be born, didn't ask to live, this was made with the help of a human and that human had better take responsibility for the life it helped create.

Yes they are cute, but what’s not cute is seeing themend up incages, depressed, sick, dying, growing old in the same cage year after year because they are black or have not enough white on their face or have one eye because their last owner didn't care enough to bring them to a vet when they had URI. And saying that none of them will ever end up in a shelter or dumped may make you feel better but I know the reality, and that is there is a very good chance they will end up in a shelter or tossed outside and forgotten about when they lose the cute factor or when they get to bothersome to be cared for. 10 -12 million animals are put down every year in shelters. Every DAY 70,000 puppies and kittens are born in this country while only 10,000 people are born. There simply aren’t enough homes for all those shelter animals, those unregistered, non bred standard family pets you just had to breed. And with every new life you help bring into this world you’re taking away a home from one of those shelter animals who people bred and just like you were sure they’d be in a forever home because it was a family friend ore family member who took them.

Thanks. Do the world a favor get the male at least neutered, a neuter isn't expensive and can be done as soon as the balls drop no matter the age, I've seen kittens done as young as6-10 weeks and it didn't kill them or hurt them in anyway you don't have to wait for them to be 6 months or older. By then it could be too late. Not only are you preventing unwanted/needed babies you are helping your cats by preventing health problems, cancers, tumors, pyometra (which is sudden and deadly if left untreated for too long it has been compared to acute appendicitis in us), FIV, FeLV, helps with bad behaviors like spraying (even females can spray), and its been proven that spayed/neutered animals live longer, healthier lives.

Again if I sound like a witch then so be it. But I see enough of this to know better then to say how cute, and I bet they will find wonderful homes forver and ever.

Ya I agree with everything above and I probably seemed mean in some of my posts but your careless attitude makes me really, really mad. If you don't likecats then why do you have them?

I would draw it way back. Both of you are fairly new and don't know Jessie. She is does not take any of her animals lightly. They are cared for and loved. She is one to take in animals that need a better home. She isn't one to go dumping them at a shelter. It isn't a careless attitude it is just Jessie has a different sense of humor. If you read through past threads you will see that is just the way she is.

How is the kitten doing?

OK sorry, I just get really mad when I see stuff like this since I have feral cats from a colony that started with two un-neuteured cats that the owners didn't bother getting fixed, diseased anddying on my doorstep.

JadeIcing wrote:
I would draw it way back. Both of you are fairly new and don't know Jessie. She is does not take any of her animals lightly. They are cared for and loved. She is one to take in animals that need a better home. She isn't one to go dumping them at a shelter. It isn't a careless attitude it is just Jessie has a different sense of humor. If you read through past threads you will see that is just the way she is.

How is the kitten doing?

I agree with Ali. :)

By the way, Jessie hasn't been on since the 11th! Wonder where she could be? Busy with her animals I guess....:)

Emily

Back