Oldest Bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first bunny, Willy, lived to be 11.5 years old. I got him when I was in grade 6, and he lived until I was in my fourth year of university!

My oldest currently is Morgan. He is 1 1/2 years old.
My oldest bunny ever was Middy (when I was younger). She lived to be 9 years old.

Cinnabun died right at his 7th birthday. I really hope my bunnies make it to the ages some buns here have! Rory is 11 months old and Tallulah is 15 weeks old, and even though they're both young I dread them getting older and their birthdays coming and going. It felt like I only had Cinnabun to love for a couple years, tops... time passes so fast... :( Sorry to be such a downer!

Michaela wrote:
I know of a girl off another forum who lost her bunny this year, he was 17. :)

Is that Toby by the way?:? (Curious minds:p)

I lost Ruby when she was 6 years 1 month (although that was to a tumor so not an age related thing):( and Millie is 6 years 6 months and is still here.:)

Wow! Thats great that people have had 15 year old bunnies! Basil is only 'just over the hill'.

It sounds like Flemish Giants have a short lifespan. Is there a reason behind this?

Here is Basil (begging for treats of course) with Pepper behind him.

basil.jpg

WOW there were some old buns.

my oldest is Sooty who at adoption was guessed to be 3-4 years old. I have had him for 6 months so he is 3 1/2 -4 1/2.

Wow i just realized that i have only had him for 6 months :shock: feels like he has been here for forever.

Wow somebuns have lived to be really old! I really hope ours do too, I'm so scared about them getting older...

Our oldest is BarnBarn- he'll be 3 in June, and Snowy was just 2 in January. Mouse and Chalk are our babies at 6 months...or should that be teenagers?! :biggrin2:

Oh, and I just couldn't resist putting a pic of BarnBarn up! :)

20080260613.jpg

Our oldest Flemish was McGyver. He livedto 7 1/2 years. My oldest rabbit was Princess, a dutch bunny that died at 14 (and she was killed by a neighborhood German Sheppard dog.:() I got her in first grade (1962!)

The Flemish do have a shorter lifespan than smaller rabbits (very much like Great Danes and Mastiffs do not live as long as Miniature Poodles and small terriers.)

Right now our oldest bunny is a 6 1/2year old black Mini Rex boy, Deep (a real snuggle bunny!)

My current bunnies are:

Snuggy - 3, will be 4 in June

Shadow - 2, will be 3 in May

Penny - 1, will be 2 in June

My sweet Bridge Bunnies were all taken too soon:

Toby -3/15/05 - 3/28/07 (cause unknown)

Baby - 10/26/04 - 6/13/07 (E Cuniculi)

Cooper - 2/27/05 - 9/15/07 (lung cancer)

My oldest bunny is Lil Bit. He is in my avatar. He is a Netherland Dwarf that I bought in a pet store 10 years ago this March.

The little stinker is still kicking around like he was when he was 2 years old! We love him so much. We hope he lives a lot more years! He is a joy to have around!

:bambiandthumper

Our Buttercup will be 10 in August, and like lilbitsmom said he is really active. He's actually more active than the rest of our Babies and they are 4 1/2, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back