Oh noes....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv-bunniz

Reaction score
I'm going to be a bridesmaid :shock::shock:
I dont know whether to laugh or cry :p
Originally the persons who wedding it is wanted to have me as a bridesmaid but they decided they were only going to have the girls from the immideate family but then the bride asked me if I would be a bridesmaid, well...
Me and my mum went to the dress shop and she asked me to "try this dress on for sizing?" then when I was in it she asked me to be a bridesmaid :) but a few "weird" things happened...she ordered 1 too many tiara's wich will now be mine, she ordered an extra pair of earing aswell and the flower lady gives out an exact copy of the bridesmaid flowers and the dress fitted pretty much perfectly and whilst it is a bit different to the older birdesmaid dresses it is the same designer and they are going to alter it to make it look like the other dresses and the only difference will be that the other dresses are strap less, but I said I would have preferred the dress im having.
Aaaanyway, just had to get that out. The bride said for me to bring along one of my mates (Jamie) but I told him I was going to be a bridesmaid and he said "OMG, no! You wear camo combat trousers and bramble-proof hunter boots - not dresses and high heels. You and *name edited out* are gonna look like 2 baby elephants learning to walk when you are in heels! hehe x" so I think if I invited him he would just go there and laugh at me :tongue lol.

I feel your pain. I hate being a bridesmaid. I did it for my sister and hopefully I"ll never have to do it again. I told all my friends not to pick me, lol. I"m so not a dress wearing person. I think my sister's wedding was the first time since I was 5-6.

If it wasn't for having to wear a dress, having to spend lots of money(hair,makeup,dress, other bridesmaid duties etc) and having to stand in front of a big crowd with everyone watching you, being a bridesmaid wouldn't be too bad :p

I just got out of being a bridesmaid recently. My best friend is marrying my other best friend. Jen wanted me to be her bridesmaid but Dean didn't have anyone to be a groomsmen. So I decided to be his best "man" instead. That way I am still in the wedding but I get to wear pants :)

Atleast now bridesmaid dress are more normal looking. Most of the ones I've seen lately can be worn as regular dresses later.

I've never been a bridesmaid...I don't think I'd mind being one, but wearing a dress...noo. I hate dresses unless they're summer dresses. The most I wear that's fancy is slacks, skirts and dress shirts. Nothing more fancy than that.
Emily

When my cousin got married, many years ago, I was asked to be a bridesmaid. I had to decline, because the dress his wife wanted me to buy was over a hundred dollars, and not something I would have ever worn again. I just attented the wedding as a guest.

My wedding was so simple, and I wouldn't even want to bother with all that frou frou stuff for someone else.

Atleast now bridesmaid dress are more normal looking. Most of the ones I've seen lately can be worn as regular dresses later.
Thats true! as the dresses will be two-pieces I can wear the top out to a party or something, though the actualy dress wont be able to worn again, unless its for another wedding xD.

I've never been a bridesmaid...I don't think I'd mind being one, but wearing a dress...noo. I hate dresses unless they're summer dresses. The most I wear that's fancy is slacks, skirts and dress shirts. Nothing more fancy than that.
I wear skirts but thats like partying, not being posh :p The shoes are the worst! I can walk in them fine, but once I take them its so weird and I end up walking wonky lol :blush:

I dont see why people dnt like being bride's maids or wearing fancy dresses! i'd loove it :)
I dont usually wear "Fancy" clothes - its usually hunting gear, combats and a T-shirt or jeans and a hoodie, if I am going to a party then I will wear "party" clothes but nothing like the dresses!

When my cousin got married, many years ago, I was asked to be a bridesmaid. I had to decline, because the dress his wife wanted me to buy was over a hundred dollars, and not something I would have ever worn again. I just attented the wedding as a guest.

My wedding was so simple, and I wouldn't even want to bother with all that frou frou stuff for someone else.
:| at least I'm young so dont have to pay for anything :p well apart from if I want my own make up and whatnot.

Right now the plan is I will get up in the morning, my dad will take me and my mum to the brides house, everybody will shower and dry our hair there then we will go to the hotel, have our makeup done, then hair, then get dresses on and add any finishing touches and by that time we should be ready to go. Its going to be so weird though! I have been to loads of weddings but always as a family member never "behind the scenes" .
Oh and I am hoping I dont end up laughing on the way down the aisle, whenever somehting is serious I laugh and can never stop for ages. :p

Oh I love clubbing clothes more then fancy clothes, I love my black and white corset and my hotpants and my silver mini strapless dress, plus I love strappy high heels to go with them. I like my clubbing clothes more then fancy dresses.

I was a bridesmaid once, when I was 11. Ack, how I hated it. Standing in an itchy dress for hours, hair pulled back in a painful do, and then mummified by hairspray.

Oh the memories..

Good luck with yours!

irishbunny wrote:
Oh I love clubbing clothes more then fancy clothes, I love my black and white corset and my hotpants and my silver mini strapless dress, plus I love strappy high heels to go with them. I like my clubbing clothes more then fancy dresses.
Same!
Me and my friends always spend hours picking out party/clubbing clothes and getting dressed lol.

PixieStixxxx wrote:
I was a bridesmaid once, when I was 11. Ack, how I hated it. Standing in an itchy dress for hours, hair pulled back in a painful do, and then mummified by hairspray.

Oh the memories..

Good luck with yours!
:laugh: I very nearly spat my tea out laughing at these..like "yeah its dreadful, uncomfortable, and boring....good luck though!" :biggrin2:
Thanks for the luck, I will probably need it!

Luv-bunniz wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Same!
Me and my friends always spend hours picking out party/clubbing clothes and getting dressed lol.
Haha we are the exact same, we have to have at least four hours to get ready, I'm always the idiot who leaves their fake tan till last minute lol so I'm always rushing 2 get finished!

I was thinking the same! Thats usually me! as I dont wear mascara in my day-to-day life I'm not really used to it - its usually eye shadow but I just get a makeup brush and brush that away lol

Luv-bunniz wrote:
I was thinking the same! Thats usually me! as I dont wear mascara in my day-to-day life I'm not really used to it - its usually eye shadow but I just get a makeup brush and brush that away lol
Hehe oh the joys of going out!

Latest posts

Back