Obama's Running Mate

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't listen to her speech but I read all about it and may go watch it on the internet. From what I've read - I'm highly impressed with Hillary's actions.

To be honest with you - I'm a die hard Republican and yet I really have respect for how she stuck out the campaign and was in all 50 states. If she had the nomination - in spite of my beliefs...I would almost consider crossing party lines to vote for her. Almost being the key word. I like her better now than I did years ago and I hope she runs again in four years or whatever....I guess that depends upon who wins this year's election.

I've been going to the gallup.com website to read about the polling, etc. I think I'll probably be checking that site every day.

Anyway - back to what I wanted to say. I'll never forget saying to others after John Kerry conceded four years ago - that his speech was that of a true statesmen. I feel that way about Hillary's speech last night. I think she did very well. I hope to see her campaign again in the future.

Its funny - I am spending so much time lately reading about the Democratic convention - and there is no way I'd vote for them this year. But still yet - it makes for such fascinating reading....

.....maybe thats part of why I'm not getting my housework done....in fact...I think it is!

I hate the woman with a passion but I thought she gave a very good speech. I really think Obama would have been a shoe in if he had picked her as his running mate. Although those two would scare the heck out of me with regards to foreign policy (ie something neither know anything about).

I can see why people like Obama, he's very charismatic, but when I look at the issues theres no way I can support him- hes just too far left for me.

Haley wrote:
I hate the woman with a passion but I thought she gave a very good speech. I really think Obama would have been a shoe in if he had picked her as his running mate. Although those two would scare the heck out of me with regards to foreign policy (ie something neither know anything about).

I can see why people like Obama, he's very charismatic, but when I look at the issues theres no way I can support him- hes just too far left for me.

You took the thoughts right out of my head.

Some time between Thursday and Saturday, McCain will be announcing his running mate. I am really eager to see who it is but I hope he waits until after the convention. Something tells me he won't be announcing Dr. Melody.

I must say,I like both of your candidates this time.

Compare them to Bush and Kerry... it's like night and day!

That Romney guyI found creepy though.

I'll keep watching the Daily Show to keep up with my American politics.;)

SOOOSKA wrote:
So what did everybody think of Hilary's speach tonight?

I thought she was one Class Act.I thought she spoke very well for the good of the party.

Now was it enough to get Obama elected, time will tell.

Susan
hase155.gif
hase341.gif
I don't really watch political speeches (of any country), but she had a way of making you listen. I thought she did a really good job!

Jan

Haley wrote:

Ditto on the Clinton thing. In fact, if he would have picked her as his running mate, I would have been pissed.

As far as voting for him, when I see the alternative, and really another 8 years of this crap in the U.S., there's no way I'm voting for anyone else. But that's the great thing about voting in the U.S.A:USAflagwaving:; we have a say...well, at least until the electoral college gets involved. Why can't they just count all our votes and let them count? (Psst...I lived in FL during the 2000 election to so I have issues with it, but I was only 17 so don't yell at me for that whole fiasco).

But my other problem with presidents...most of the time they run because of ego. The only presidents that I ever found interesting were George Washington and John Adams. Washington didn't want to even be president. Heck, the congress was going to name him KING of the United States. And he was like "What? Isn't a monarchy what we just spent YEARS of our lives to break free off." So, he settled on Commander in Chief of the Army. Adams was president because he happened to be the VP (really the head of the continental congress) and just fell into the job. He wanted change but he saw the congress struggle to make simple decisions. He, in fact, hated the job. He was happy to be done with it. BTW, did you know Jefferson started the first smear campaign against a political candidate in a different party? It was against Adams, when he was running for his second term.

OK, enough with the history lesson....

So we either have a black guy and a white guy or a white guy and a white lady. This just got intresting.

Ok I know that sounds bad but it is a first for the USA. Ok so not the first woman to run as VIP but the first time that she would stand a better chance.

JadeIcing wrote:
Ok I know that sounds bad but it is a first for the USA. Ok so not the first woman to run as VIP but the first time that she would stand a better chance.
I think she is the first to run on the Republican ticket though.

Interesting choice though. We're seeing a lot of political firsts in this election.

Yup, shes the first woman to run asa GOP VP nominee. Personally, I really like her. I saw her on some interviews about oil/drilling etc a while back and loved how energetic and personable she was. I also like that shes very conservative (something McCain isnt). Im very happy with this selection.

As much as I dislike our two candidates and feel like neither can get us out of this mess, this is a very monumental election. This is a bad year for the racists and antifeminists in the US ;)

Haley wrote:
Yup, shes the first woman to run asa GOP VP nominee. Personally, I really like her. I saw her on some interviews about oil/drilling etc a while back and loved how energetic and personable she was. I also like that shes very conservative (something McCain isnt). Im very happy with this selection.

As much as I dislike our two candidates and feel like neither can get us out of this mess, this is a very monumental election. This is a bad year for the racists and antifeminists in the US ;)

I don't know much about her yet but one of the things I doknowshe is against something I feel very strongly about. I plan on finding out about her.

FIRST: Geraldine Ferraro was the first woman VP running mate.

Regarding Palin and why we shouldn't vote for them:

How about the fact that she has no real experience - in office for less than 2 years as GOV and before that was a mayer of a town of 6500. She's a freakin' hockey mom!

Zero foreign policy experience

She's 1 heartbeat away from the Presidential seat and has no clue.

Biden has along experience in government, major dealings in foreign affairs and is qualified to be president should he be called to that duty.

McCain thinks that the country isn't in a recession or close to one - Heck! we haven't had foreclosures like this since the DEPRESSION!

Iraq has a $70 billion surplus, while we continue to go further and further into debt trying to help them???

Did you know the USA Had to borrow money from China to get oil?

The democrats (Clinton) had our budget balanced! Eight years later and we're in a freaking mess!!!

My mind was made up last night. I am voting for Obama. McCain's choice of Palin for his running mate just put the cherry on top of it.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
FIRST: Geraldine Ferraro was the first woman VP running mate.

My mind was made up last night. I am voting for Obama. McCain's choice of Palin for his running mate just put the cherry on top of it.
I think the comments might have been about Palin being the first REPUBLICAN woman VP....at least the ones I've heard...

My mind was also made up for sure this morning (I was thinking of not voting) - and the choice of Palin for VP put the cherry on it for me too....I was actually in shock - but quite pleased.

One thing for sure - I think this is going to be a very interesting election....its what - 67 days away?

I can hardly wait...

Gotcha on the VP thing.

Although I would love to see a woman in the white house, I cannot bring myself to vote for them/HER. She has no experience andI cannot imagine what would happen if McCain would die or something.... she doesn't seem to have the ability.

For me, it's the lesser of 2 evils, but I think if Obama is honest about half of what he will do we will be in better shape.

McCain wants things to work themselves out - that's not worked for a few years now.

Understandably - those involved with military are going to want McCain in and not Obama cause Obama is talking of downsizing military funds.

TinysMom wrote:
My mind was also made up for sure this morning (I was thinking of not voting) - and the choice of Palin for VP put the cherry on it for me too....I was actually in shock - but quite pleased.
Me too! I saw her on Glenn Beck's program a few months ago and was very impressed with her. I like that shes very conservative and also very down to earth. And I think its funny people who support Obama are criticizing her for having no experience- he has one term as a senator- is that really that much more impressive?

I personally have never been interested in politics whatsoever.

What I can tell you from first hand knowledge is that America in general has gained a bigger interest towards one of the canidates that I am currently employed under. It's a suprise but just under 6,000 orders ina day for merchandise is nothing to blink an eye at right now. Maybe it's because of the conventions taking place now or the announcement of the VP's.... but none-the-less, America has become rather interested in the race.

Haley wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Me too! I saw her on Glenn Beck's program a few months ago and was very impressed with her. I like that shes very conservative and also very down to earth. And I think its funny people who support Obama are criticizing her for having no experience- he has one term as a senator- is that really that much more impressive?
Haley, I think the point people are making is that McCain is kinda being a hypocrit by using the only defense he has against Obama; which is that Obama doesn't have the experience. Yet, he chooses a running mate who has 20 months as a Governor....of Alaska?? Before that, she was a Mayor of a city with about 6,200 people. Even though Obama has been involved in the Senate since 1996 I believe? Or it could be 1997. Either way, it's still a lot more than a Governor of a state w/ a population of about 671,000 people. Which, by the way, is way less than the almost 13,000,000 people Obama has worked for in Illinois. Just an observation. :)

PSST...I think Mr. Tumnus should run for President w/ Lucy as his VP. That's winning ticket right there!;)

I don't know too much about her, but I am in no way a die-hard Conservative. And after seeing her views, and knowing that SHE would be the president if McCain kicked the bucket (and lord knows he already looks like he has one foot in the grave), I will not be voting for McCain. My mind is pretty much made up now.

On the experience issue - Obamatook office as as a US Senator in 2005. He's been running for President for the past 2 years. He has no executive experience - ie daily decision making, which any Governor certainly has. Sarah Palin has an unprecedented 83% approval rating from the peopleshe serves in Alaska.

As for experience in office: Dwight Eisenhower was elected President without having ever held any other elected office. So was Andrew Jackson and Ulysses S. Grant. There may be a few other Presidents I missed.

I am constantlyastounded at the incongruity of this: If Ikill an eagle, I have committed a federal offense subject to prison and fines. If Itake an eagle egg from the nest and smash it, I have committed a federal offense and amsubject toprison and fines. If I kill my own fetus, eh, no problem. Spend some time silently pondering the enormity of it all.

No, I am not a one issue voter, never have been and never will be. I want less federal government, not more. I prefer personal responsibility to being told I am my brother's keeper in all things, at all times and my brother has no obligation to care for himself. I do not believe in dialogue with terrorists or open borders. I do not believe illegal aliens should have 'entitlement' and receive more or better services from the government than our own citizens.I do notin any way, shape or form support so-called sanctuary cities. I would support some type of amnesty plan as being a good practical and humane solution. And yes, I am a Second Amendment Sister.

I will not 'diss' Obama on this forum even though I do not support him in his race for the Presidency. I do believe in freedom of speech and the responsibility that goes along with that freedom. Just because I can, doesn't mean I should....

I hope this thread doesn't become 'too hot to handle.'

When all else fails, vote for candidate sure to put her paw inyour pocket and lift your wallet, Dr. Melody Frankenbunny.

Respectfully,

Melody's Press Secretary

PS Melody agrees Mr. Tumnus would make a good Veep, however, ha has to send a small check for $1,000 to be considered on her long list of hoppers.

lalena2148 wrote:
PSST...I think Mr. Tumnus should run for President w/ Lucy as his VP. That's winning ticket right there!;)
Uh oh- Dr. Melody would have some stiff competition. With Tumnus'sdashing good looks and ability to charm the masses and Melody's fiesty working class girl reputation we just might have another Obama/Hillary mess on our hands regarding who should be the Bunny Nominee ;);)

Haley wrote:
lalena2148 wrote:
Uh oh- Dr. Melody would have some stiff competition. With Tumnus'sdashing good looks and ability to charm the masses and Melody's fiesty working class girl reputation we just might have another Obama/Hillary mess on our hands regarding who should be the Bunny Nominee ;);)
Huh? Melody take 2nd place to mere male rabbit? No! She will graciously allow Tumnus to be her Vice President. Sparky, Scooter and Scone McBunny,of course, will get Supreme Court appointments.

seniorcats wrote:
I hope this thread doesn't become 'too hot to handle.'
I hope my comments weren't too out of line. I think it's great that we have a choice in this country based on our own beliefs and choices. :USAflagwaving:Freedom of speech is pretty cool.

By the way, I think a whole bunny presidential cabinet would be great. I could only imagine what they'd add to the consitution. :headsmack

Latest posts

Back