Obama's Running Mate

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
I was watching CNN late yesterday afternoon. They were saying that Burma was suppose to announce his running mate last evening. Well of course I had to watch the Olympics last evening so I missed if he made the announcement.

Can anyone on here tell me if he announced who it is.

Thanks

Susan
5.gif

PS

I think it should be Hillary, buy hey what do I know I'm not an American just a Canadian who's watched Pre Election TV for the past 18 months.

Well, he hasn't announced it yet, but I am pushing for Evan Bayh. I was pregnant when his wife was pregnant with the twins. She and I had the same OBGYN and I got to see her a couple of times. They are the NICEST people you'd ever meet. Evan's father, Birch, was also a congressman and good person. Evan is Democratic but with a bit of conservatism. I think he would be a great balance and HUGE asset to the Presidential office.

Is this Evan guy on his short list? I saw on CNN that Joe Byden (sp?) was and I think they said someone from Virginia.

Alot of the announcers say he should pick Hillary as his numbers are supposedly going don, McCain is catching up or even passing him in the poles.

Susan
hase228.gif

I'm afraid of seeing it be Hillary because then Obama will be basically impossible to beat. I have a lot of qualms with Obamas lack of being truthful and having integrity as a person considering his history, not to mention his lack of experience. *sigh* I don't want to vote for either Obama or McCain, they both suck.. lol :) I love how Obama even lied in his autobiography and started his campaign on the foundation of ending the war asap and now he wants to stay in the war.. the guy has no idea what he's doing :p. And I won't even get into the extremist radicals he has had as mentors and friends (no, not the pastor, political extreme radicals that have been very dangerous/crazy individuals) and how he refers to himself and "the light, the one" like he's some prophet come to save us. He's a politician, plain and simple.

LOL! I have to be honest in that I don't like either candidate at the moment. if Evan Bayh (who is on the shortlist and very popular with the media) was on a ticket, I would at least feel somewhat ok voting for that one.

I had hopes that Evan would run for president himself.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
LOL! I have to be honest in that I don't like either candidate at the moment.

that's how every body i know is:tongue

i keep hearing the adults talking about(the following is said in a deep voice. the voice of doom, maybe:lookaround?)"the lesser of the two evils"(and i'm like this-:help. i left the table and went to play with Em last sunday 'cause the 'dults were taking politics. i never play with her any more! i was desperate!:help)

and i don't wanna get flamed in this thread, so i'm just gonna sneak backout now:big wink:
but before i go, i've just gotta do this-:USAflagwaving:

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
It's Joe Biden....not sure about why....imho, a strange choice...but I haven't heard the rationale behind the choice.
Biden's strength is foreign policy experience - something Obama is often considered weak on.

I would've had more respect for Obama if he'd at least had Sen. Clinton vetted for the VP position even though he may have never planned to go with her. I think that would have been a nice courtesy and meant a lot to the supporters of Sen. Clinton. (By the way - I'm not a Democrat so it didn't influence my vote...just that I think it would've been nice).

I was kind of shocked really that he went with Sen. Biden. It is my understanding that Obama has been all about "change" and yet he picked a VP who has been in Washington for like 30 years or so? I'm not saying we can't have change...I've just been reading various commentators and stuff and was reading yesterday about how this would be something that would affect his choice - would he go with someone "new" to Washington or someone who has been there or a while even though his message is about change.

Last night I got a phone call - and I was part of a Rasmussen poll. Very very interesting...it asked me what I thought about various people....and the list of them were all the people rumored to be on the short list for Obama's VP. I got the call about 7 pm....I wonder what time the poll closed. Anyway - it was funny to hear when I got up who the VP choice was - it was the second name on the list of VP candidates (I think they were in alphabetical order).

Here's another "Bright"question from a Canadian:Canada small:. What does "vetted" mean? I heard a bunch of comintators using that word last evening.

Thanks

Susan
bunny_thumping_foot_md_clr.gif
hase135.gif
hase230.gif

to subject to usually expert appraisal or correction, examine for acceptance,baiscally a process of evaluating and examining, in this case examining and evaluating politicians :)

Well, I'm disappointed that Bayh was not chosen but I think maybe it is because the Clintons REALLY like him a lot. We suspect that Hillary would have chosen him for her running mate had she gotten in the election.

I think I am going to write in a vote:

Bo B. Bhunneh.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I think I am going to write in a vote:

Bo B. Bhunneh.

There is a viable option: Dr. Melody 'Fullmoon' Frankenbunny for President runningfor the Lagomorph Liberation Party. She has not yet named a running mate. If you send her a small check for $1,000 she will consider your bunny.

Vote for Mel!!!!!!!!!!

main.php

iraq-or-afghanistan-is-not-important-to-president-george-bush-the-bunny-summit-is.jpg

Id vote for her! Should we write her in as a candidate? ;)

I dont think Ive ever disliked both candidates so much. Guess I'll have to choose the lesser of the two evils...

Latest posts

Back