O/T Smiley Central

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmy-webby

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I just have a question. How do you install Smiley Centrel into yourcomputer? I'm in love with those smilies that move! They give out moreexpression!

Thanks,
Katy

Just a warning.... that stuff is loaded withspyware/adware stuff. Do a search on google and see what itpulls up.

Exactly, on some computers it causes problems.We had to actually buy new software to clean up and fix our computerafter installing it. :?

But to answer yourquestion, if you go to the website and follow the directions it willautomatically load to your computer.

I personally found that if I run myspyware and anti-virus (which I run mine 24/7) I have no problem withsmiley central. You can choose to not have all the options on yourcomputer from smiley central. I have problems with some other stuffsneaking by sometimes but it gets cleaned up once a week. The thingsthat bother my computer are from surfing and adware.

I run McAfee with auto updates from thewebsite. And just a tip to anyone who cares- I've done some researchand found that Spybot was highly recommended, so I've began usingSpybot also. I go in after I do a check with McAfee and Spybot findsseveral more things and removes them also.

RaspberrySwirl

Wow. I never knew that Smiley Central can bringso much problems into your computer! Hmm..now it seems to change mymind about downloading it! Thanks everyone!

On our ciomputer, we only have Norton Aniti-Virus. We check outcomputer for viruses at least 2 times a month. I guess that if I dodownload the smiley central then a virus might appear and my dad wouldget so angry at me! :shock:

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Katy

Uh-oh...

I just fount out that we HAVE central smiley!:shock:But I'm positive that it wasn't there yesterday! Hmph,I didn't download anything yesterday either. Maybe Trina downloaded it?

Our computer is seeming funky. So, right now my older sister isdownloading Spy Doctor 3.2 on our computer..showing her what thepossiblites are. Some pop-ups have been coming out before that hadnever done that since this morning.

Hoping that we could find the answer,

Katy

I dled the smiley thing, it wouldnt work with mybrowser, even though it said it would. But my computer was not happyabout it, so I took it off. I kept freezing up and programs werentworking. Once I removed it, it was fine.

Virginia

I love those smileys too *sigh*

How do you remove SMiley Centrel? Arghh..I can't figure out how! It's bringing up pop ups and freezing my computer.

hey...

Ok there are several ways you can get rid of the stuff. BTW SmileCentral will download on your computer by itself. I have gotten it onmy comp and never never would instal that trash on my comp.

First I would uninstall everything fomr the add/remove section of the control panel.

As for Spyware stuff: I highly recommend the following.

Microsofts Antispyware software is really good and will stop stuff from installing on the comp.

Adaware from lavasoft. Makesure you get it either lavasoft ordownload.com There is a fake version floating around that actually putsstuff on the comp.

and finally spybot --

I use all of these.

As for the the ones you pay for.... which you really don't need.... Ihowever recommend acronis and another I can't think of me. .

Need any thing else just yell at

Katy, go here and download the FREEversion of the pop up swatter. It is recommended by the computermagazines. I've used it for a long time. Make sure you select the freeversion.

http://www.panicware.com/index.html

You can remove smiley central bysearching your computer for funweb then delete it. That is the smileycentral program.

After you've done that, run youranti-virus and anti-spyware software one more time and you should begood to go.

The pop up stopper is great for use on the internet for daily use. I love it.

RaspberrySwirl

Latest posts

Back