O/T - Please keep US troops in your thoughts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
Please remember to keep our US troops in yourthoughts. Today, 37 US troops were killed in Iraq, where mybrother is currently stationed. As elections approach, thesituation is becoming volatile. My brother will be home onleave for a short time in February, but will be heading back to themiddle east and will most likely be stationed there for the next 6-8years. :(

Pam

:(

They have been on my mind a lot today, as I'm a news junkie and saw the reports.

I won't state my political opinions, but I wish our men were out of there and home where they belong.

I pray for them everyday - not only the US soldiers, but all of thesoldiers there. My heart also goes out to the people that are having tobe re-upped after being out, and of course all soldier's families.

Another 6-8 years, Pam? :shock:
That's tough to take.

Can't imagine how folks like Ty-bee are handling it having her husband and the father of her young children over there.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all.
-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
?

Another 6-8 years, Pam? :shock:
That's tough to take.

?
?

He wants to get in his time for early retirement :(

Pam

I knew he wanted to stay with the troops over there, and reinlist, butI wasn't expecting 6-8 years. I think I was thinking more in terms of4.

I can certainly understand your fear, Pam. I don't know how you folks(the troops and their families) handle yourselves so well.

Prayers will go out from my home.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, I take it one day at a time. I can'ttell you how much the fear holds you when you hear the news. Then thegreat relief and guilt when you find out it's not from his unit. Myheart goes out to the wives and families of the great men/women whohave lost their lives throughout this whole war. Aaron's time there isalmost over....under 20 days left!! I'll keep all the troops in mythoughts and prayers until they're ALL safely home!!!!

Shannon

Ty-bee wrote:
Carolyn, I take it one day at a time. I can't tell you howmuch the fear holds you when you hear the news. Then the great reliefand guilt when you find out it's not from his unit. My heart goes outto the wives and families of the great men/women who have lost theirlives throughout this whole war. Aaron's time there is almostover....under 20 days left!! I'll keep all the troops in my thoughtsand prayers until they're ALL safely home!!!!

Shannon

I'll be counting down the days with you and looking forward to hearing that he's safely home and back with his family!

Pam

I have a hard time justifying the great loss oflife we have experienced during this war. I won't go into politicseither but you can guess my view on this war. My heart hurts everydaywhen I think of those great men and women who have given their lives tofight for us and our freedom.Please remember thatthe troops really need our support, get involved by writing to troops,donating calling card minutes, and being there for your friends andfamilywho havefamily overseas. God Bless ourtroops, they areall my HEROS!

*Wipes tears from eyes so baby doesn't get upset that mommas crying*

Fergi's mom

My prayers neverstop. I used to fall asleep praying every night that my son wouldreturn safely. When he did, Isaid prayers of thanks for dayson end. I still watch the news channels and think of all the otherfamilies that are in the same situation that we were in and I prayhardfor them.

Extra love and prayers forallof my bunny friends that aresuffering through this.

RaspberrySwirl

Been there! Done that! As didmy father before me. Shouldn't have to be anymore.We never seem to learn that the politicians rarely pay the price thatwe, the rank and file, always seem to pay. If they were askedto pay the same price, perhaps, things would be different.

Soooo, sooo sorry for you folks who have loved ones there.Prayers go outfor your men and women who are in the midst ofdanger.

buck

It has been on a lot recently on our newsand that last night was very upsetting. 37 innocent younglives, such a waste. As soon as I heard I thought of you guys. I knowthat alot of you have familyor friends in the warand as soon as I hear I think "I wonder if..........?" Havingsaid that it is someone elses husband/wife, Daddy/Mummy, son/daughter.Is it really worth it? My prayers go out to all the people caught up inthis war.

Vickie

Ty-bee wrote:
Carolyn, I take it one day at a time. I can't tell you howmuch the fear holds you when you hear the news. Then the great reliefand guilt when you find out it's not from his unit. My heart goes outto the wives and families of the great men/women who have lost theirlives throughout this whole war. Aaron's time there is almostover....under 20 days left!! I'll keep all the troops in my thoughtsand prayers until they're ALL safely home!!!!

Shannon

Dearest Shannon,

I always think of you first. You're constantly in my thoughtsand prayers. I also think ofPam'sborthand hope and praythatRaspberry's son doesn't have to go back.

-Carolyn

I feel so bad for families with kids, husbands,brothers, mothers, sisters etc.... over there. I wish I coulddo something that could make a huge difference to at least one personover there. Does anyone have a family member there that wouldlike an occasional care package, card, anything to brighten theirday?? I would so like to do this, if anyone knows of asoldier that could use a little extra support let me know, my familywould love to help! Tracy

blossombunny wrote:
I feel so bad for families with kids, husbands, brothers,mothers, sisters etc.... over there. I wish I could dosomething that could make a huge difference to at least one person overthere. Does anyone have a family member there that would likean occasional care package, card, anything to brighten theirday?? I would so like to do this, if anyone knows of asoldier that could use a little extra support let me know, my familywould love to help! Tracy
I second that. Personally, I don't think this war wasjustified (just my HO) but will not get into that here. I dohowever support the troops that put thier lives on the line every day24/7110%.

I would like to say that even if you know of a soldier's family thatcan use some help let me know. I know my cousin had a babywhile her husband was over there and she soooo appreciated the 'babyshower in a box' we got together and sent her as she was not able toafford new stuff for her newbie on her own.

Jen

blossombunny wrote:
I feel so bad for families with kids, husbands, brothers,mothers, sisters etc.... over there. I wish I could dosomething that could make a huge difference to at least one person overthere. Does anyone have a family member there that would likean occasional care package, card, anything to brighten theirday?? I would so like to do this, if anyone knows of asoldier that could use a little extra support let me know, my familywould love to help! Tracy

The smallest things mean the most to these guys/gals!! Younever know that card you send could be the only thing they've recievedfrom the states. I always sent extra in Aaron's care packages becausethere aresome over there who get nothing from backhome...whatever the reason maybe these guys/gals need to know thatsomeone supports their efforts.

On another note Aaron's battalion lost another Marine today. As ofright now we back here at home have no way of knowing who it was soplease say an extra prayer for that Marine's family!

Shannon

I'm happy to say that my brother made it back to the states on Feb. 21!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's in Wisconsin, then heading to Texas - so I'm not sure when I'llget to see him again :( He's signed up for 6 more years andwill most likely be heading back to the middle east.

Pam

where in WI is he Pam? That is where Ilive. I am glad he is back safely in the states. Itmust be hard to know he has to go back for six more years, but you mustbe so terribly proud of him! Tracy

"They also Serve;
Standing in Wait.

Prayin that the phone won't ring
to learn their loved one's fate..."

God Bless the Soldiers and their Loving Family; all waiting to return home for the holidays safely.

With Prayers, Gratitude and Love,
-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back