O/T - Please keep US troops in your thoughts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to share this.

Thisis a picture of an independent trucker who has paintedhis cab and trailer with the names of all those who lost their lives in9/11. The trucker 's name is John Holmgren from Shafer, Minn. Thetrucker has been "pulled over" numerous times just so the troopers canget their picture taken with thetruck.
(scroll down to see the pictures)

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

pamnock wrote:
Please remember to keep our US troops in yourthoughts. Today, 37 US troops were killed in Iraq, where mybrother is currently stationed. As elections approach, thesituation is becoming volatile. My brother will be home onleave for a short time in February, but will be heading back to themiddle east and will most likely be stationed there for the next 6-8years. :(

Pam

Pam, is your brother a Marine? Army?

My brother is joining the Marine Corps in September :(. I am very proud, but I am frightned of him going.

Shawn's best friend is a Marine. Hewas sent to Iraq just a few weeks before his baby girl wasborn. He's supposed to be home next month. We prayfor him every day.

Jen

With Ty-Bee's husband being deployed today, wanted to bump this post up to remember those in the Armed Services.

:pray: God Bless Each and Every One of them and their families.

-Carolyn

It must be terrifying for you anytime there is a casualty.

Yesterday, two Canadians were killed, and eight wounded by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan. Oneof the killed was based from here (Edmonton). Last week a 21 year old Canadian was killed in a firefight.

Rainbows :(

There were 8 people killed of our little barracks here. 1 boy I knew he was just 18. A lot more were wounded, I have 2 of my neighbours leaving the army, 1 lost his leg and the other one cant use his arm anymore. They are both married and have children. My friends husband stepped on a mine and all his comrads behind him got hit..thats bitter.

We have army commercials (propaganda) here on TV were civilians are thanking the troups for making their lifes better and the safety..

Thats bull****! It wasnt unsafe before! Because there are people dieing in Iraq its not going to be more safe in the states.

The Iraqis dont even have much to fight with. The only thing that hits people all the time are those selfmade bombs.

We are having a farewell BBQ thisSaturday coming up for my 20 year old brother David. He is shipping out on August 3rd. He is only scheduled for a short stint because he is just out of basic, so he should be home in the beginning of March sometime. He has been in training for the last 2 years to become a field medic. I guess it depends how things go as to whether or not he will go back again after this.:)He is stationed right now at the base in Petawawa Ontario.:)

14328.jpg

Sorry, but to me this is the EPITOME of what's wrong with the world. Guns are NOT COOL! WAR IS NOT COOL!Kids should be taught that GUNS ARE NOT COOL, military or not. Do you think this kid will be able to make the jump that holding and pointing the gun is cool, but firing it and ending someone's lifeis not?They don't think that far ahead. (And if they doand they still think it's cool, we're even in bigger trouble).

The military is a necessary EVIL,war should be portrayed as EVIL --not COOL. They must recruitthrough a genuine and very serious desire to PROTECT your country, not to get a chance to becomeCOOLlikein the movies. Holding a weapon like that should only be done with reverence and respect invery sombre surroundings so theramificationsofthat weaponbecome very REAL.

It's the most serious business known to the human race. They're treating it like family entertainment. :(

Gosh.. those kind of pictures make me want to scream! Look at that kids face "Hey, I'm important because I'm holding something that will kill you.'

I hate war. What part of loosing life, destorying cities, and hurting people solves anything? If anything, war causes more problems then helps. People need to get their heads out of their :censored2and learn how to deal with problems without having to kill mass amounts of people just so there will be 'peace'. What's peace, if so much is lost in the process?

Code:
Thebase here in Edmonton is very much part of our community.

Same here. The bases spends a lot of time doing displays and stuff and getting out to see the people in the community. They like to show them what it is they do as well as their equipment and participate in community events.:)

Pipp wrote:
Holding a weapon like that should only be done with reverence and respect invery sombre surroundings so theramificationsofthat weaponbecome very REAL.
I know the weapons were out on display, but they shouldn't be handled by the public.

Canadian laws would class these weapons asa "prohibited firearm"because they are automatic. There should of been gun locks on each of them. All guns should have been pointed in a safe direction. And every time you pick up a gun or put down a gun, you have to check to see if it is unloaded and safe.

It is a serious offence to point any gun loaded or unloaded. Iteven means you arenot allowed toscope like that man is doing in the picture.

Rainbows! :mail2

Latest posts

Back