O/T: My Husband's First Christmas with the Lord

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Guys, I hope that you don't think this toomacabre. I consider you all to be as much an extended familyas well as friends, and I really wanted to share this with you.

I had a headstone custom made for my husband, and it turned outbeautifully. It's two hearts. It has our weddingdate on it with two wedding rings, the designation "Husband" (myfavorite nickname for him), and naturally his DOB and DOD.

I went out to the grave this Monday to carry him a Christmas poinsettiaand some unidentified angel (who has not yet revealed him or herself tome) had been to the grave and left a beautiful Christmas silkpoinsettia flower arrangement. I sat at the cemetery for awhile and just cried. This was the best Christmaspresent that anybody could have given me.

The attached photo is his headstone with the mystery flower arrangement and my poinsettia.

Thanks for allowing me to share this.

IM001054b.jpg

BunnyMommy,

It is hard to type this with the tears in my eyes, you have picked abeautiful memorial to your husband. I hope that your pain has easedsome with time and that you can remember the wonderful memories with asmile in your heart. I wish you the best.

Love

Adrienne

That is really beautiful. How kind of someone toadd the flowers to brighten your day. You made alovelychoice. I know how you must miss him every day.

Oh BunnyMommy! That's beautiful.

I'm torn somewhere between smiling and crying.

I'm sorry for your loss, but very glad you seem to be taking it well and that someone else was thinking of him and you.

BunnyMommy, you have been in my thoughts so muchlately. I've been wondering how you've been doing right now, with theholidays and all. *hugs*

I have tears in my eyes as I type this. I wish there were more I could say or do.

Bunny Mommy, I am sitting here in tearsbecauseI cannot imagine the depth of emotions that you mustfeel this holiday season and every day since your husband passedaway. I have not been posting much but I just wanted you toknow you are in my thoughts. The headstoneandpoinsettia arebeautiful! We should be the one'sthanking you for sharing a beautiful private moment with us!Much Love Beckie

My goodness! What a most excellenttestimony to your love and life together. I've never seen amonument before that "wraps" it all up so beautifully. Youhave excellent taste, BunnyMommy, and there is no doubt that you havedone right by Danny.

The "angel's" gift is somehow fitting, too, as far as I amconcerned. That is as it should be and, perhaps, is meant tobe a message to you.

For your sake, I am glad the Christmas season is over. Icannot imagine how incredibly difficult it must have been for you thisyear. There are no words to compensate for yourloss. All I can say is that you are near and dear to all ofus here on the Forum. I wish there were some way we couldalleviate some of the pain and lonesomeness you must feel.

Your post is in no way macabre. I am so happy you thought enough of us to share it with us on the Forum.

Give Sherman an extra squeeze for us, eh?

Buck

Dearest BunnyMommy,

The headstone is beautiful. He'd love it that you wrote"Husband". Oh, how you would say it with such Ownership. And thefact that he accepted it and laughed along; well, we know he giggledwhen he saw you make that decision. "That Girl of Mine! She isSomething Else!"

I realize that you'll never be the same person again. I feel lucky tohave known you while Danny was alive. Your joy, happiness, love, faith,spirit and laughter came through in every post with more energy thenwhen a rabbit races. I miss the piece of Angela that went with Danny.

I don't think I'll ever stop praying for your strength to get to the point where you can be truly happy and content again.

Much Love,
-Carolyn

It is truely a beautiful tribute. Iknow how hard the holidays can be following the loss of a dear lovedone. My thoughts and prayers are with you during thisdifficult time.

SweetAngela.....I've left you in peace during Christmas because I knew thatwas how you wanted it. It makes my heart smile that you were able toshare this with us. The stone is a perfect statement of simpleelegance. I hope your path is becoming more clear and maybe just alittle less painful with each passing day.

Much Love,

Raspberry

:?I really hope I didn't cause any grief by messaging you the other day BunnyMommy. Sorry if I did.

Bunnymommy,

I had no idea you had recently suffered such a loss (as I try to type amongst the tears)

You chose a beautiful headstone & I think it was wonderful that an "angel" placed the silk flowers at his grave.

Hoping that soon the pain will lessen & you will be able to enjoy your life as you once did.

You are in my thoughts

Sue

Thank you all so much for your wonderfulsentiments of love and support. Words can't express what acomfort you all have been to me during this difficult time. Itruly consider you a part of my extended family as well as my goodfriends.

It's such a marvelous blessing that so many WONDERFUL people have cometogether in one place like this from all over the world and comingletogether in a fashion that's even closer than many bloodfamilies.

MyBunnyLovesMe, yes the other side is for me. :)

Raspberry, you have been a real source of inspiration to me through allof this. Never hesitate to contact me if you feel theimpulse. I don't mind discussing Danny at all. AsCarolyn has said before, it's therapeutic. Along with this,there are so many things going on "in the background" that you guysdon't know about, so it really salves my spirit when you all reach outto me and want to share a small part of my world.

MyBunnyBoys, no! You didn't cause me any grief atall. I love you like a daughter. You don't know howit fills me to know that even in the rip tide of your own tragediesthis year that you would still find it within you to reach into thedepths of your wellspring of compassion and try to comfort, encourage,and provide support to me.

Thank you all again for allowing me to share this with you. Ican't remember how life was before I found this board and hope thatI'll never know again.

With all humility and sincerity,

BunnyMommy

Bunny Mommy, I have just come on to the boardtoday and seen your post. I think the headstone you chose is simplybeautiful, and the flowers just set it of perfectly. I am glad you letus share it with you.

I can't begin to imagine how difficult the holiday season has been foryou and your family. All of us here in the Forum have great love andrespect for you - you are so special, and I am just so pleased that youcontinue to join us. I hope that you can look towards 2005 with fondmemories of your wonderful Danny. Much love and hugs to you andSherman- Jan

Latest posts

Back