Nutriphase Ok for buns?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattiemattiesrattery

Reaction score
Is this ok for the buns?
It was 18.00 for a 25.00 bag, but the normal food I get was sold out of the store, (the three I went to) so I got this.
I Have noticed though that this food lasts them ALOT longer since I got it (I free feed the buns pellets and Timothy Hay, and give them A TON of Veggie every day. and normally the pellets will last them a few hours to a day at max, this food is lasting them 3-4 days. They haven't been eating more hay then usual or given any extra in their salads.)

Specially formulated for PetSmart, Nutriphase Rabbit Formula is a scientifically-developed, high fiber diet designed especially for rabbits. It supports a rabbit's delicate digestive system to ensure that all necessary nutrients are being absorbed. With flavor pellets for added variety. Nutriphase offers excellent nutrition at a great value.
Ingredients: Dehydrated alfalfa meal, ground oats, ground wheat, soybean meal, wheat middlings, ground corn, dried cane molasses, dicalcium phosphate, corn oil, calcium carbonate, salt, vitamin a supplement, choline chloride, yucca schidigera extract, dl-methionine, ferrous carbonate, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, riboflavin supplement, vitamin b12 supplement, vitamin e supplement, copper sulfate, ethoxyquin (a preservative), niacin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin k activity), cholecalciferol (source of vitamin d3), calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, folic acid, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite, artificial color.
Guaranteed Analysis:
  • Crude Protein (min) 17.0%
  • Crude Fat (min) 3.0%
  • Crude Fiber (min) 12.0%
  • Crude Fiber (max) 17.0%
  • Moisture (max) 12.0%
  • Calcium (min) 0.5%
  • Calcium (max) 1.0%
  • Phosphorus (min) 0.4%
  • Salt (min) 0.25%
  • Salt (max) 0.75%
  • Vitamin A (min) 2500 IU/lb
Feeding Instructions: Feed Nutriphase in a clean, covered container. Give only as much as your rabbit will eat in a 24 hour period.
Daily Feeding Amount:
Small Rabbit - 1/4-1/2 cup per animal
Large Rabbit - 1/2-1 cup per animal

It looks ok, but may a little low in fiber, but the unlimited hay you feed them should make up for it. Note that this pellet is alfalfa meal based, not timothy meal based, so you may want to compare that to what you were feeding them before.

Maybe it's lasting longer because your bun just doesn't like the taste of it as much. Sounds like they're eating it but not with as much gusto as their regular pellets.

Doesn't look that good to me, high protein, high fat, low fibre. That's the Petsmart brand, I don't trust those guys.

As a very small part of the diet and/or maybe mixed with better pellets.

How old are the bunnies? Breed and age make a difference.

They probably don't like the change and/or the new pellets, always better to do a gradual mix, although can't always plan on that when you run out!

sas :bunnydance:

kirbyultra wrote:
It looks ok, but may a little low in fiber, but the unlimited hay you feed them should make up for it. Note that this pellet is alfalfa meal based, not timothy meal based, so you may want to compare that to what you were feeding them before.

Maybe it's lasting longer because your bun just doesn't like the taste of it as much. Sounds like they're eating it but not with as much gusto as their regular pellets.
Well when I refill their dish they chow down for a few minutes then they lay about all happified (happy for those that don't like my goofy word) They munch their hay and veggies as normal.

They also I have noticed haven't gained or lost weight and are still bouncing around like crazy as normal (the girls at night live in an18ft by 6 or 10ft pen. with stuff in there to bounce on and play in and around, during the day they are confirned to a kitchen that is about 10 x 10ft

Pipp wrote:
Doesn't look that good to me, high protein, high fat, low fibre. That's the Petsmart brand, I don't trust those guys.

As a very small part of the diet and/or maybe mixed with better pellets.

How old are the bunnies? Breed and age make a difference.

They probably don't like the change and/or the new pellets, always better to do a gradual mix, although can't always plan on that when you run out!
sas :bunnydance:
Yeah I was running low so I had been looking for another bag of it, and the stores weren't restocking it for some reason, so I was asking when they were supposed to be in, and tried to make it stretch till then, and they had only hay and veggies a few days, when I gave up and found something new. Their normal mix though isn't due in until next week now. >_<

I have Jrs and Sr. two buns over 2yrs and the rest are under a year, and 3 aren't even 6 months old yet. I have 4 Dwarf mixed (pet only even though they are all pet first) 2 Flemish Giants, 2 V Lops and a Dutch.

They eat the food great when I refill the dish, then they eat a lil here and there (like they did with their last pellets) they eat their hay and veggies normally.

The high in fat prolly isn't too bad of a thing here, they all have BIG areas to run around in.

Back