Not Learning How To Use A Water Bottle...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicalovesjesse

Reaction score
This will be Odin's third day with us and he still hasn't used his water bottle.
I gave him some water this morning during playtime, just to make sure he doesn't get sick.

And advice on how to get him to use it?

Give him a water bowl...and put it under the water bottle.
Lower the water bottle so it is near the bowl...but doesn't keep him from getting to the bowl...most bunns will reach up to chew the nozzle because it is bugging them...in the process they figure out that water comes out of it! :)

From personal experience I have found that the "no drip" water bottles (critter canteens) that have the spring that keeps the ball down in the bottom of the nozzle...those are the hardest for bunns to learn to use since they really have to work at it to get water...we usually start our kids out with the water bottles that just have the onebearing so when they push it up water flows until it settles again!

When he is watching you poke the nozzle to show him that water comes out!
That helps too! :)
It will take a while for him to get the hang of it! For our boys it took them about a week to figure out the bottle. Some bunns catch on quicker than others!

Good Luck!
Danielle :)

i put a smidge of banana on the end of the nozzle...just a tiny bit.they eat it off and then realize thats where the water is now..

Latest posts

Back