not eating much and lots of pee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djluster

Reaction score
I just brought home my Dutch Buck that is 6 months old on sunday, he doesn't seem to be eatting very much, should I be concerned, he is still on his old feed and I am changing him over slowly, the temp. is not that hot it has only been mid 60 to 70, he only eats about half his food which is about 3/4 cup. He also is not drinking very much water, I have a water bottle on the cage and a water cup attached to the cage to make sure he is getting it somewhere. My biggest concern also is he had tons of pee in his tray, so I just wanted to check if this all seems normal or if yo guys might know what might be going on or is it just stress from being in a new place, he has started eating more then he was monday and tuesday. I also make sure to have hay in his cage at all times for him to chew on.

I'm sorry I can't help much, but how is he doing now? Still having problems or is he better?

It surprises me that no one else has replied, but maybe because it's the holiday weekend, and everyone is doing other things. Hopefully someone who has some answers for you will chime in soon!

He is slowly starting to eat and drink. I still have both the water cup and bottle in his cage. He is eating about a 1/3 cup of food a day where before he was eating close to 3/4 cup but he seems to be doing better he is getting use to things he is not as jumping when I come to his cage he will now come to the front of the cage when I open it so think he will do fine. I think I am use to how much my Flemish drank and ate and since my Dutch's are a smaller breed they may not drink as much he seems to be drinking close to the same as the other 3 now

Latest posts

Back