Not a very good kindle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
Jersey had her litter early yesterday morning. She had 12 but only 3 survived. the 3 were well cleaned and snuggled in the nest. the other 9 were on the very bottom of the box dead. it looks like she started to clean them and then left them. The sacks were removed from their head but they still had the placenta attached to them. Some of the smaller ones were kind of jelly like.They didn't seem to have any skeletal struture. Do you think that they were stillborn and she knew that she couldn't do anything for them? This is her 6th litter and she has always been a good mom and dong a great job with the 3.

I believe that they do know, I've had something similar happen w/ a litter, where a couple were born outside the box, they didn't look right...but the rest were all clean and snug in their nest....somehow, I think they know.

I definitely think they know.

She's going to be fine with the 3 - 12 was a lot of babies! what breed is she??

They definately do know. When my black otter Lucy had her last litter Bruce happened to be in there with her and she had the first 2 in the nest then turned around and had the third one outsside the nest (it was DOA) i have seen it happen before too.

sounds like a genetic problem in the babies like not formed right not sure Pamnock is good at these maybe she will come on and have an idea what was wrong with the other babies.

good luck with the other 3 babies and let us see some pics :)

Jersey's 3 kits are doing more than awsome! They are 23 days old and twice the size they should be at that age. They just can't figure out that the front of the box is the place to get out and they keep trying to jump the high back. Silly babies.

gallery_732_157_42049.jpg

gallery_732_157_52369.jpg

Awwww.. they are so adorable. So glad they made it. (12 would have been an awful lot for her to raise.) :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back