Noob on deck!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nfored

Reaction score
Hello all.
Just wanted to take this time to Say hello, and to thank everyone for all the help I am sure I will be asking for in the future. I just finished building my wife's rabbit cage and got our first Mini Rex, a black and white female.

Here are a few pictures of Queen Elizabeth.

P1010015.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010023.jpg

Welcome to RO! May I bow to Queen Elizabeth? What a gorgeous bun you have? And further what a great job you did building her a castle?!

Your a fit human slave - would love to know the story behind Elizabeth and your family. Please post more info and back story.

I seem to get roped into and then addicted to pets by other people. I used to only like dogs, I raised Pit Bulls for a while. Then my ex said she wanted fish, I said fish are so dumb but what ever get some fish and don't bother me with them. Now I have several hundred gallons of fish tanks; yes I am an addict.

My wife said she wanted a rabbit, I told her sure I will buy you a rabbit, didn't think I would really care for them much. But as soon as she brought home Elizabeth I was hooked, so cute and cuddly. We nervusly introduced Elizabeth to bub our Rescue dog, a Chocolate lab/Pit bull mix. Bub sniffed and licked and then started to cry, he didn't understand why Elizabeth didn't want to play with him.

I must admit in shame I bought this beauty without know much about rabbits, this is very unlike me. I research any new fish I want extensive before purchasing. I joke with wify about having a zoo in the house, our soon to be born (April 15th) daughter might just end up being a vet.

What I have learned taking care of my fish is noobs never know what to ask, because they just don't have the experience, and this makes it equally hard to research. Are they any tips that you want to share, or other information that I might not think to research or ask about.

Welcome to the forum. U r a wonderful Husband I have to say...doing what wify wants is awesome...now the true test...do u cook?? lol

I think the only tip for u would b to check out litter training, if u haven't already

Elisabeth is a beauty, and it doesnt take long to get addicted to lagamorphs.

I don't cook, but to be fair I told her that when dating; I tried to cook once, and well lets just say papa johns saved the day. :biggrin2:

I like u don't cook. My hubby does 90% of the cooking so I will cut u some slack lol it seems u have many other redeeming qualities with your wife's wants

ya know could start a blog we all would love more pics of Elisabeth and stories of your new endeavor into rabbits

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it. She is a beautiful bunny.

I’ve listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link to a website that will help you understand what your rabbit(s) are saying to you, Rabbitspeak.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, How to put photo's in your posts.

This the best site on the web for bunnies and I look forward to hearing stories and looking at pictures of your rabbit.

Hmm,
When I was totally new to rabbits reading about feeding was the biggest/most confusing thing to grasp. How much, what to feed, how often.... all of that will be good to research!
Also, read about the extensive benefits of spaying.

And welcome!

:wave: hello from me and my standard rexes. this is a great place to learn how to cater to your rex's every whim. i would recommend spaying and also keep an eye out for sore hocks. rexes have quite short guard hairs on their hocks and can be prone to sore spots.

your dog sounds lovely - i have two choc labs:)

Queen Elizabeth is a pretty girl. I like her patches over her eyes, in the picture at least they look quite symmetrical.

I also think you should start a blog :)

Latest posts

Back