Noisy, Noisy Destruction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sukichan

Reaction score
Ok, So bailey and d'arcy have started having this incredibly annoying habit. At first they only did it at night, now they do it during the day and during the night. They will flip over their house and then it crashes around their cage and lands either upside down or on its side, and then its in the way, so they just like push themselves through beside it so they can get from either side, and of course its loud, and then I'll go fix it, and they will do it again. During they day sometimes I just leave it there. But last night I took it out because they kept me up all night the night before with all the crashing and also whipping around this rattle I reciently bought them. So tonight they ripped apart their bundle of chewing sticks. Any ideas as to whats going on here? How can I stop the house flipping? Should I just get a new house? They don't really use this one anyways. Thanks!

I would suggest taking the house out at night, but that may be a hassle-so maybe you could somehow weigh the house down...maybe glue it to a tile or something and place it in the cage, but it has to be safe so if they flip it anyways-it will not hurt the bunnies. or you could try to zip tie the house to the side of the cage or something like that.

It sounds like they're just come up with an exciting new game ;-) I would take it away at night so they can't make noise with it, but it sounds like they're having fun so I would give it back during the day.

Its pretty light and its plastic so I don't think they are going to get hurt. There isn't really any way to secure it. My theory is that either they like flipping it over, or they don't like it anymore. Iunno, they like jumping ontop of it too. So I think you're right, its probably just a game.

Nick and Amelia used to have a cardboard box that they used as a "house" on the top floor of their condo. Then, Nick started getting inside it, standing on his hind feet, and scratching at the top corner. He'd do it from about half an hour after the lights went out until I would take it away from him, up to 45 minutes.

I'm sure it was very fun for him (otherwise, why would he be doing it?), but the loud noise resonated through the house. It would even wake up my husband, who is a very sound sleeper. I eventually just stopped letting him have the box anymore. He enjoys chewing, so I added more chew toys as an alternated distraction.

I do find that if I give them a new toy, it will get a lot of play for awhile. Maybe a week, maybe a month, then they will go to playing with it only occasionally, as the novelty wears off.

I would take it out at night. I give my bunnies water bowls because I can't stand the noise of them licking the bottles at night. lol.

I think I know which house you're referring to. I had one for the girls in their cage and yes they would jump on top of it and flip it over. They were definitely having fun. We took it out and left it on the floor for them. One day they scared the crap out of my husband, they decided to play turtle and started walking with it while inside of the house. Shades was so cute, she wouldn't come out so she would literally walk with the house on top of her and cover the food bowl so Cappucino wouldn't bother her when she ate.

Latest posts

Back