No Wonder Sugar Was So Hyper (and Violent)....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieNCream

Reaction score
I wasn't so sure about it until now, but now that even my sister agrees, it has become official:

[align=center]Sugar is on her first period.[/align]
[align=left]I could tell that she had some red in her privatepart, but it wasn't a lot so I didn't really think of it seriously. Butthen there was the excessive licking which my mom thought was prettyfunny...=p[/align]
[align=left]I've had only one other female dog, and well, I hadto come to the U.S. without her about a week after she started it. Shedid act funny then, ignoring me, barking randomly, and followingstrangers.[/align]
[align=left]I think this kind of explains her violent behavior upto now.[/align]
[align=left]But on a happier note, she was letfree(?) in the garage tonight. She kind of walked around and under thecage, and she only made a small barking noise when she was UNDER thecage. [/align]
[align=left]When she was brought in and when I went back intothe garage to feed the bunnies, she followed, and this time she seemedeager to get closer to the bunnies. I think this frightened them alittle bit, but not as much as before; they didn't dash or anythinglike usual). [/align]
[align=left]She seemed like she wanted to taste the pellet, soI gave her some and she ate them (I hope this is okay and I'm prettysure it is since rabbits are vegetarians) well. When she realized thatshe couldn't get to them further (even after trying to push her bighead to the door of the cage) she barked a little, so I kind of slappedher (hope it didn't hurt too much, but I had to get the messageacross), and she barked a little again, so I slapped her again. Then Ibrought her back in. [/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Question! Do does (female rabbits) get PMS, too? If so at what age? Thanks![/align]

Sorry to go against what you think but rabbitsdon't have periods like humans do, so no PMS either, they are what iscalled induced ovulators which means when they are mated they releasean egg, and they don't release eggs otherwise. The redness means she isready to mate, and the moodiness is probably her hormones kicking inespecially if she is around 3 or so months old, this is when they gethormones and feel the need to mate, i hope this helps.

grumpy - she is talking about her dog having her period - not her rabbits.

CookieNCream - what grumpy said is true for bunnies. Noperiod, but great news that Sugar has calmed down! Maybe youcan even bring the bunnies back in the house sometime?

_________
Nadia

CookieNCream wrote:
[align=left]Question! Do does (female rabbits)get PMS, too? If so at what age? Thanks![/align]
Yeah i read this bit started answering it, then got confused with the dog bit sorry!

Oh wow! Ive never had female dogs so I havent had to worry about this. Ick!

PS Im gonna move this to Off Topic since its not about bunnies. Thanks :)

Oh, that's perfectly fine. :)

I'll be moving them back in tonight at the earliest and next week at the latest.

And I also have to take them to the vet. My, my, my. :?

Haley wrote:
Oh wow! Ive never had female dogs so I havent had to worry about this. Ick!

PS Im gonna move this to Off Topic since its not about bunnies. Thanks :)

Haley - I never even knew female dogs had their period:?because all the female dogs we had were spayed... and itnever clicked. Once Neil said something about it a few monthsago I was like... duh, of course they would have a period.... so gross.

Oh wow...glad to hear it's just hormones!! Whew!! *sigh of relief*

Glad it's something that can be solved easily...and happy to hear she's doing better around the bunnies! :D

Hugs!

I don't think dogs have a period as such, theygo on heat. The blood isn't being lost like it would be in a humanwoman, I think it's there to attract a male dog.

Rabbits do seem to have times when they are more receptive, and grumpy, but it's not that often.

A tip for "drippy dogs" :yuckYou canalso use old tighty whities, if you have any. Just use the "crotchflap" to put her tail through.

~Star~

She doesnt bleed a lot...just a little prickle that she cleans up by herself:vomit:

Yesterday without my knowing Sugar was in the garage 0-0;; She wassniffing around at the bunnies. She's always anxious to get to them,but maybe because I either sprayed her with water or slapped herwhenever she barked at them, she didn't bark. This time I didn't evenhear the whining, but I'm sure she did this. =/

It got so much better...I had included this in my prayer every night(helping Sugar to be more gentle with the bunnies), and it's working!Thank you God <3 :pray:.

Latest posts

Back