Night cage size

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo

Reaction score
Hi, just something i've been wondering for the future when hopefully my 4 rabbits are bonded fully.

At the moment 2 of them live in a 2x4 NIC cage with a 2x2 2nd level.they spend most of their time in the cageon the level.
The other 2 are in a 6' place waiting to move in with the others when they are all comfortable enough with each other.

Where I keep my animals is my father's workshop (there's no noise thereit is really just his storage place) but because of the amount of stuffthere there is limited room to expand the NIC cage, defo not widthanyways as it is wedged between his built in shelving and more built inshelving lol
I could possibly make it a 2x5 but im not sure yet as it would blockaccess to some stuff and the cage is hard enough to move out of the wayas it is.

Anyways, the hope is that the rabbits can spend most of their timeoutside in their enclosure in nice weather, though it is built to blockout all rain in case I dont get out to them in time or im not at home.

So they would be in the enclosure from morning till late evening andthen be put in the NIC cage for the night only and then next morning beput in enclosure again.

So my question is this, would a 2x4 with a 2x2 level be ok for the 4 ofthem overnight and during days in the cold winter? (during winter atleast it would be fine to expand to a 2x5 because my dad wont bewanting to access the stuff the extra grid would block.)
I know bigger would be better but im stuck for space.
I tried to figure out a way to rearrange everything but there is toomany built in stuff that there is no gaps for a bigger cage to fit.
And there is no other rooms/sheds where my dogs dont have full access to.

The enclosure is about 8' or 9' long and at least 6' or 7' wide with a roof and soon to be filled with cosy nestboxes and such.

How big are the rabbits? Can you buildhigher, or no? If you can go another level up, you could adda 3x2 level.

Depending on the size of the rabbits, it should be okay since they'll be out in a run for a large part of the day.

I cant go higher because the shelves are at anangle inwards, I tried when I built it initially but the grids werebent in too much to connect them securely.

Here's a pic of the 4, they are small enough really, not dwarfs, but not large either.

For scale that is a mop bucket to the left of them.

P3230700.jpg

Latest posts

Back