New-Update on Jack (RIP sweet Jack)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Jack gets better.
He is so cute.
It is making me cry reading this :(
When he kisses you he is saying "I love you mom, thanksfor taking good care of me and loving me and giving me the best life a bunny could ever have".
Oh my gosh, I'm tired, I feel so bad for you and Jack :(
I hope he gets better, you 2 are in my thoughts and prayers :)
-huggles Jack & Cheryl-
I will be stalking this thread :)

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
cheryl wrote:
Thanks heaps Rebecca,for getting into contact with Arlette for me...that is much appreciated.
I did it because I care. Julie also has been alerted.

I know what your going through. You'll do what's best for him. He's such a cutie. Wish I was closer so I can come give the two of you a hug.

{{Cherl + Jack}}

:hug: Thinking of the 2 of you.

Rebecca
Thank you Rebecca for signaling Arlette to add her experiences. Hello Arlette! :wave:

Karla And Tamm have Cocoa's wonderful sling which you created. :sunshine:

I'll add some thoughts on having two disabled rabbits, but like Arlette suggested, joining the disabled rabbits forum is a good place for knowledge on lesser-mobile and special needs' bunns. :hearts

Two times in the last year I made plans to call the vet to come here to our house. Both times I observed a change in Karla's attitude and the Sparkle in her Eyes Returned. Always look for the sparkle, and desire to live. Karla will have good days and bad days, yet she's got the sparkle. The first time, Last December, Karla was on a combo of pain management liquids. When I withdrew everything, which included Gabapentin, Tramadol, Amantadine, Cosequin, Traumeel tablets, ... and kept her straight on metacam, the change was Amazing. The sparkle returned. Then in April there was the tapeworm parasite. Then in July she had miserable-looking eyes for a time, but the sparkle again returned. ~ With the 3 A's !!!!

So please don't give up on Jack too quickly.

Thanks everyone:hug:

I think this has probably been more hard on me than it has Jack,but then i'm alway's thinking how he must be feeling...not being able to do the thing's he normally would do.

When Jack wasn't doing very well for those couple day's that's when i started to continously think am i doing the wrong or right thing,that's when i kept questioning myself..i was over worrying about Jack and i just wanted him to be ok....gosh this is hard to go through:(

I'll get another video of Jacksoon

Rebecca.thankyou so much!:hug:

Arlette wrote:
Jack is adorable!!

It sounds like the metacam is helping. It takes a few days to build up in their system. I'm sure there was some discomfort that he wasn't showing.

Some pain signs are: not wanting to move around as much, tensing their body, tremors in their limbs, rapid respiration, frustration, accidental nipping, excessive licking or chewing.

Another tip, when giving metacam, try to give a bit of food first to make it a bit easier on the tum. There is some evidence that it irritated the stomach in some rabbits. I would always give some glucosamine in a bit of water first, a bit of baby carrot, then the metacam.

Hugs and God bless you and your dear buns, Arlette:bunnydance:

Thank's Arlette,

Jack does move around a bit..i haven't heard him grind his teeth or anyrthing...when you say excessive licking or chewing...do you mean himself or objects..or both? cause he doesn't lick himself like crazy..he does groom himself a little bit....he has taken up licking me though,he doesn't excessively chew things either,but loves chewing the cardboard box....now i'm going to be worrying if he's chewing it cause he's in pain or if he's chewing it just cause he want's to :?

And yep i always make sure Jack has something to eat before i give him his metacam

Thank's again

TreasuredFriend wrote:

I'll add some thoughts on having two disabled rabbits, but like Arlette suggested, joining the disabled rabbits forum is a good place for knowledge on lesser-mobile and special needs' bunns. :hearts

Two times in the last year I made plans to call the vet to come here to our house. Both times I observed a change in Karla's attitude and the Sparkle in her Eyes Returned. Always look for the sparkle, and desire to live. Karla will have good days and bad days, yet she's got the sparkle. The first time, Last December, Karla was on a combo of pain management liquids. When I withdrew everything, which included Gabapentin, Tramadol, Amantadine, Cosequin, Traumeel tablets, ... and kept her straight on metacam, the change was Amazing. The sparkle returned. Then in April there was the tapeworm parasite. Then in July she had miserable-looking eyes for a time, but the sparkle again returned. ~ With the 3 A's !!!!

So please don't give up on Jack too quickly.
Hi Julie,

Yep that is when i seriously started to question myself,is when Jack wasn't well,but when i woke up thursday...he was eager to eat some pellet's again,and yes he had that sparkle back again....that look of interest.

Karla sound's like an amazing little bunny:)

Yep i'm happy that he's still doing well...his eating is ok...he's eating his veggies and hay but chooses when he feels like eating pellets...as long as he's eating i'm happy,but i'm also just trying to take one day at a time.

These few picture's are from this afternoon

017-1.jpg

019-2.jpg

I alway's make sure that his hay and everything he needs is close by for him

004-2.jpg

Finally decided to eat a few pellets

037.jpg

Thank's Rebecca,

It hasn't been easy though,oh man it was really hard at first,still is though,it kinda just hit me hard like a ton of brick's,i knew what was going to happen to Jack when the day came whenhe stopped hopping...but i never fully prepared myself to finally face it..if that makes any sense....when i came home from work that day and Jack didn't move about...i really cried so much as my heart just broke for him as i knew Jack was never gonna hop again...i know it must sound really weird.

I fuss over him a lot and i'm alway's making sure he's ok...but he reward's me with all his delicate kisses :hearts:

And Rebecca..thanks again:hug:

Karen,he really is soft and gentle alway's has been except when it came to Pippi(rip) and Riley...he was a little monster then...cause he just hated them so much,but other than that he has been such a great little bunny for the five years he has been in my life...i remember the day i brought that little 6 week old bunny home....such a little treasure.

Oh boy it's hard....and still very sad though

Sunshine aka..Sunny bunny giving Jack kisses

Picture from today....

030.jpg

:inlove:

Thank's Sandra...i'm really thankful that none of the bunnies have picked on him...i did worry about that happening,actually whoever is near him will groom him...it's heart warming!....another thing Jack has stopped his nipping of some of the other buns...he's not trying to push the others away anymore.

Oh and i went and got myself some St John's wort...health tablet's...i'm gonna see if they help any

The pics are really cute. He looks pretty contented, with all that hay within reach, and buddies to interact with. What a sweetie!

Thankyou guys,

I'm a little excited at the moment,cause i just got home from work and i went straight to Jack and he was kinda sitting up...not sitting up cause he cannot do that anymore but he was right up on his front leg's...oh my gosh he has not been able to do that since he stopped hopping all together...it just made me feel so very happy for him,i got down to be with him and was talking to him excitedly...like saying 'goodboy Jack'...he looked at me and just licked my face...oh my goodness it's just the little things..you know.

I tried not to get excited though cause i know things can change in a second..but i was just so happy to see him like that.

And then i had an after thought..what if he was in pain...but i don't think so cause i gave him some veggies to see if he would eat and he just gobbled them up...and his eyes are bright,i always look at his eyes to see that sparkle and it was there.

Latest posts

Back