New-Update on Jack (RIP sweet Jack)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh i cannot tell you just how much i adore Jack and his braveness,he's going through this yet he is still showing he loves me:)

Jack is just amazing me at the moment....if you didn't see his leg's, anyone would think he's just a normal little bunny..he seems tobehaving a really good day today...and i'm going to treasure every little bit of it...he has also been moving around a bitmore as well.

Yes,he has made me very happy today,just seeing him like that was just wonderful,he's a lot differen't than he was before when he wasn't doing well...but i guess i have to expect things like that happening.

This whole thing has taken me some time to get used to...i still wish though that this wasn't happening to him......i had never even heard of spondylosisbefore until Jack was diagnosed with it.

I'm glad Jack isdoing better. :) Maybe it's all the prayers coming your way and your love for him. :hug:

:pray: Your in my thought and prayers.

Woohoo! There are going to be a lot of ups and downs, but I hope remembering the good days will make the bad days seem not as bad.

Thanks heaps everyone!...

yep i think all these virtual thoughts and prayers are doing wonders ;)

BunnieKrissy...i have to give Jack a butt bath...it's hard as he hates it...and i hate stressing him out...then it takes time to dry him...that is the part i hate the most...but he has no choice as it needs to be done...

I have to make sure his blankets are clean and dry..he has to have his water in front of him,i went and got him a smaller bowl so it's easier for him to drink from..his food always has to be in front of him...i do all this all in the name of love.

I loveJack with all my heart and just want him to be comfy as possible

Cheryl,

I cant tell from your blog your doing your best for him. Sounds like you and Jack have a date for the weekend. I hope it does warm up and dry up so Jack can hang out in the grass like old times. You might want to put a blanket down and put him on it near the edge so he doesn't drag himself in the grass and get grass stains on him. lol That would be a sight to see :p

You gonna show us some more photo's of the wonder Jack :)

It's so heartwarming to hear you talk about Jack. Such a sweet guy and such a great mom! I know Becka had some good ideas for a setup for a bunny with mobility issues, if you find that Jack starts to get uncomfortable or gets pressure sores. Those pics might be in her Fluffy and Monsters thread? Some baby cornstarch can also help keep his bum dry after the bath. It would be so great if he could spend some time outside this spring! It sounds like he is a happy guy with all his needs attended to, just like royalty. I hope that you get more of these good days!

tonyshuman wrote:
It's so heartwarming to hear you talk about Jack. Such a sweet guy and such a great mom! I know Becka had some good ideas for a setup for a bunny with mobility issues, if you find that Jack starts to get uncomfortable or gets pressure sores. Those pics might be in her Fluffy and Monsters thread? Some baby cornstarch can also help keep his bum dry after the bath. It would be so great if he could spend some time outside this spring! It sounds like he is a happy guy with all his needs attended to, just like royalty. I hope that you get more of these good days!
Yep in that blog are the pics of my set up. I was looking at it last night and missing them. Make sure he doesn't always lay on 1 side. Even though he might not like laying on the other side wrap him up. That's what I had to do. I didn't notice the pressure sore until it got huge. I wrapped her up so she could sit up.

Cheryl,

You know I'm thinking you and Jack and all of you always! I'm sorry that I don't mention it more. But you know that. Love you all, and take care. Keep us posted too!

I worry alot about Jack lying on one side,he gets picked up when i have to give him a butt bath and i pick him up just to massage his side...but i don't know if that would be enough or not?...it's alway's one worry after another...

LOL Rebecca..your comment about the grass stains made me giggle

Thanks Crystal,that means a lot!

Since Jack cannot scratch himself anymore...i have to do it for him.....I give his ears a good ol scratch,i scratch his back gently and he absolutely loves it!....when he's had enough he will tell me by slightly moving away...

And of course... i have plenty more pictures of Jack that i will post ;)....which reminds me that i should update my blog with new pictures of my bunnies...i haven't updated it for ages :p

Thankyou Stan :)

Rebecca....Jack is doing just wonderful...he has not had a bad day for a while now...he still has a healthy appetite...he moves himself around on his blanket a little bit as well...he still has that sparkle in his eyes and is stillvery interested in his surroundings..he groomsJosie!...it's so cute to watch.

I often think back to the beginning of all this and i was in such despair..i just appreciate and treasure everyday that Jack is still here with me and his bunny family.

I will post a few pictures of Jack shortly,just have to upload to photobucket.

Back