New-Update on Jack (RIP sweet Jack)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, what a love! It looks like he can still get around well, and he's enjoying the day! It's a pretty serious leg issue, but it looks like he can still use both legs, albeit not too well. (sorry I keep bombarding this post! I really need to go to sleep!)

Yep..today Jack is having an ok day....i will post a video when he's having a bad day though...and when he is having a bad day he drags his right leg and leans to his left side and kinda slides himself along the floor...he was doing that yesterday...and he was also doing that last week, i came home from work early cause i was upsetand took him to see Jonathon cause i was worried how he was doing...that's when Jonathon said don't worry bout the way he's getting around...as long as he's eating...it's still hard to watch though

I have been telling the people at work about Jack and how he has spondylosis...some have heard of it before happening to humans but have never heard of it happening to an animal...and myself..I have never heard of it either way....I wish it never had to happen to my Jack...I'm guessing once all his vertabrae fuse together completelythen he won't be able to even move around....not even slightly.

I took these pictures when we came back inside this afternoon....see what i mean?....he kinda leans to his left side

002.jpg

Jack saying sorry to Sunshine for nipping her the other night

011.jpg

I know your very worried about me mum

017.jpg

Ohh boy..the pictures are huge!....can a mod please resize them for me

Oh, I love Jack - he reminds me of a sablepoint Holland I used to own.

Denise

I haven't really been online the last couple days. Just catching up. I love the pictures of Jack. He's soooo cute :)

I watched the video's too. Just remember your good mom to him and your doing everything you can for him. :hug:Hugs to you and jack :pray:

PS) IsJack's health well enough that later on maybe he could use wheels for his back legs?

Thanks Denise...Jack really is a gorgeous little boy

April....Jack is well in himself,he hasn't stopped eating or anything...he's just lost a lot of weight....but i am so very worried when he stops hopping completely...I don't know what I'm gonna do...but Jack and me will get through it together

Gordon....I really hate seeing him trying to get around...he look's much worse though when he ishaving a kinda bad day...that's when i start to get upset

I was looking through a couple of his youtube videos and i just had to post this one again...happy times...it makes megiggle...I just love the look on Jack's lil face:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=altgbqCe4ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=altgbqCe4ac[/ame]

Sandra,i looked at those links...and oh my goodness...actually seeing the bunny in the video using the cart,it brought tears to my eyes...it really touched me,and i was like...aww sweet baby...that is just so amazing....and what a pretty little bunny she was!

You know that is going to be the most hardest part of all this is the dayJack cannot hop at all,but will still have that life in him...ugh!..this is going to be hard

I have also started a blog for Jack at blogspot....called... In the life of Jack

Well it's something to consider... if Jack is still there in mind and spirit. And honestly, I was surprised at how reasonable the price was given that they are made individually to each specific animal.

Anyways, Jack is constantly in my thoughts and prayers!!

:hug:

Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about Jack's problems. He's such a cutie.

He really seems to get around pretty good even with his problems.

I'll keep both you and Jack in mythoughts and say a prayer that he will feel better and not suffer.

Hugs to you.

Susan

:hug:

Thanks Sandra and Susan...it mean's everything to me

Jackdoesn't seemto good today....i don't know if it's me but...i just don't know :(...he seemedjust so uncomfortable before.....bunnies are mean't to hop ya know:(

When is enough..enough?

I don't have the experience to say this, but I have seen several Infirmary threads where bunnies gave up their will to live, and the best thing the owner could do was have them put to sleep. Rebecca knows very well how seriously ill bunnies work, and her suggestion is better than anything I could say. If he's enjoying himself, then it makes sense to let him continue. Once the discomfort outweighs the enjoyable parts, it will be too much for him.

[[big hugs]]

From Cheryl's Blog,

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 Jack still isn't doing so well,he's not really eating at the moment..i think the time has come where i need to help him across to the rainbow bridge...i have to do what's best for my little boy,i'm just gonna go and cry now.

Cheryl i'm thinking of you and Jack everyday.

I know you'll do what's best for him.

Latest posts

Back