New stinking ADORABLE bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilyPatchFarm

Reaction score
So I did something a little crazy today. Went to talk to a local breeder that specializes in mini rexes and ended up spending HOURS there learning about different colors and genetics and show qualities and etc etc etc. So somehow I ended up bringing home six babies. LOL :embarrassed:

So these are the new kids!

The first few pictures are of my FAVORITE. Her name is Quinn, and she's a harlequin doe. I know its not a showable color in mini rexes but shes just SO freaking adorable and I was instantly drawn to her.

The second is Speck, he is a tri colored buck. Sorry for the bad picture, for some reason the only pictures that came out on some of them was the ones I took in the car not the ones that I took at home on the farm.

The third is the little chocolate buck. I dont have a name for him yet. Suggestions??? I was thinking Hershey, but thats so Cliche!

The fourth and fifth are the chinchilla kids- they are from different litters, one a buck and one a doe. The doe is the lighter one. they also need names!!

lastly is the blue otter doe, her name is Sky!

Would love some name suggestions! :bunnyheart

quinn.JPG

quinn2.JPG

quinn3.JPG

tricolor.JPG

chocolate.JPG

chocolate2.JPG

chinchilla1.JPG

chinchilla3.JPG

chinchilla2.JPG

chinchilla5.JPG

Congratulations! They are adorable! Not the greatest at naming but how about Fudge or Brownie for the chocolate bunny? Bogey & Bacall or Bonnie & Clyde for the chinchilla pair! lol Well, hopefully someone will help you come up with the perfect name to fit them!

awww. Quinn is BEAUTIFUL! I would have had a hard time resisting her too. And I think Hershey is a lovely name. It's got dignity and humor in it. It's a good name to start a line with. Hershel would work too though. I'm a fan of the old fashioned dignified names - the small and cuter the creature the more dignified the name should be for dichotomy. Spec's pretty dapper looking too. I love those colors. The last two would be cute with matching names. Like - Earl and Grey, Cloudy and Sky or Widget and Gears or something like that. I'm sure they'll develop names as their personalities start to shine through. Congrats! They all look like lovely bunnies.

I've always been partial to Nestle, but I feel that's more a Doe's name. Great looking buns you got there, and the harlequin is amazing looking even if it can't show.

Wow, I have my hands full with just one lol. And I am in love with your chocolate bunny. :bunnieskiss

Me too lol. I wasnt really into chocolates but I was really stunned by him. I know its hard to say anything at this age, but I am really really hoping he grows up as nice as he looks right now. I think form wise hes the best one of the bunch, and his color is just SO smooth and rich.

Do you show your bunnies?!

Looks like you have a lot of excitement going on with all the new babies and this six pack!

Do you show your bunnies?!

Looks like you have a lot of excitement going on with all the new babies and this six pack!

No but I have hopes to! We have been wanting to get into showing but didnt have anything from show lines, just pets. The "oops" babies are mixes and have found great pet homes! (just wont leave for a few more weeks lol)

This "six pack" (love it!) is hopefully the start of showing. I had only a notion or so of bringing home one, but really just wanted to go and talk to the breeder and learn as much as I can. Somehow I managed to come home with an armload of bunnies. :faint: LOL. We've been building cages ever since, and I've just been trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can. We've shown chickens and rats and dogs and horses....so it was really only a matter of time before we made the move into rabbits :juggle

So cute! Are these going to be for show? :D

I hope so!!! Well everyone except Quinn that is! The breeder said the chocolate buck is really nice, and actually was planning on keeping him but said he just has too many to focus on right now to show another.

I think we finally have names!

Harlequin: Quinn
Chocolate: Hershey
Tri: Speck
Chin doe:Ashe
Chin buck:Smokey
Blue Otter: Sky

We also have our two pet mini rexes, Lola and Babs, our now neutered mini rex mix Shorty, and our french angora doe Sizzle.

We will see how these guys grow and mature to see if anyone is showable, and we will probably be starting off 4H.

I love the rexes and they are all so lovely, the harlequin is a gorgeous colour. Love all the names and I´m sure they´ll grow into them. Hershey looks to have such lovely, soft, silky fur, makes me want to reach in to stroke him.

Good look with them all.

Start learning how to pose them! I can't wait to see how they look conformationally! Mini Rex are so competitive over here

Latest posts

Back