New Rabbitry Management Software !!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
Well, I haven't spoken to any of you in forever. I'm sure you've missed me. I'm happy just scrolling to see so many Dutch breeders here now!

Anyways...

I've been developing some software for about a year now, and i'm ready to release it to the public. It's completely online, so you can access it anywhere there is internet....no CD's.

Right now we're offering your first 60 days free, to get people interested and also to understand that though it is completely usable and functional, we're still adding features and making everything ''pretty''. We'll also be off to Lebanon, PA Feb 5-7 to present our software there, so if you're going, stop by our booth!

I really wanted to revolutionize the whole idea of record keeping and communication between breeders. This thing really is going to work best as more people join and use it. It's kind of a networking for breeders, in addition to making pedigrees, tracking sales, records, breedings, and all that jazz. One of the key features is that the profile you make for yourself, is like automatically generating a website for yourself. And even people not using the software will be able to view your page.

Decided to add another rabbit to your herd? Usually it seems people either browse the web or ask other breeder friends. With The Meadow Manager, you can do a 'search' for either a specific rabbit (maybe one you sold 3 years ago....check up on him and his winnings and babies!) or a specific breeder/rabbitry, or a for sale rabbit that meets your criteria. It will also tell you how many miles away this for sale rabbit is and if this breeder ships. You can enter all kinds of search criteria to find the perfect rabbit...a price range, color, gender, age, and how far you're willing to travel.

The MEadow also has it's own messaging system, so you can send a message to your 'friends' or other breeders right through the system. Upload pictures of the rabbits in your barn, and categorize them as Brood/Show, For Sale, Sold, Reserved, Deceased, etc. So long as a rabbit is not deleted from records, it will stay in the system forever. If I sold Fluffy Bunny to X Rabbitry, I could send his entire profile through the manager tot he new owner. And say Fluffy bunny is resold a few times over the next year. I can do a specific search to see who owns Fluffy Bunny now, I can see Fluffy bunny's ancestors, litters, siblings, etc. And find out who owns rabbits of Fluffy Bunny's line.

The advertising benefits alone are worth it.

So your first 60 days are free, afterwards your account will be 'locked', at this point you can view your information but not make any changes or be accessed from the search options. Should you choose at this point to purchase a membership, then you're golden.

So if you're interested, need some way to keep better records, whether you're a breeder, a rescue, or just someone with a lot of bunnies, you can benefit from this record keeping system. Check it out, try it for 60 days.

www.meadowmanger.com

any questions can be forwarded to my email: [email protected]

Why thank you. I can't even begin to list all the features, there's so much stuff! And we're working on new things every day. My goal is just to get everyone connected, allow people to have a website, which is probably today's best means of advertisement. And so many websites i've looked at are so difficult to navigate and find the information you're really looking for, this guides you through the whole process and keeps everything the same and in the same place, so you know exactly how to get the information you're looking for from someone's page.

You are able to just check it out and browse around too, i have a page up there you're welcome to snoop through.

Sounds really cool! I guess it is useless to be since i'm in ireland and not a breeder yet :) but it sounds like a fantastic site.

Thank you! Here in the Us our governing body for rabbits is the ARBA, and it's the same in Canada and Japan and I think a few random islands. So far we've only got a zip code database for the US and Canada. Japan is next. Once we get all the ARBA countries taken care of, we will be expanding to Europe, but since they use a different standard, its not yet on the priority list.

Even if you're in a country that doesn't go by ARBA standards, you could still benefit from the system just as a means of record keeping and organization. I'll leave it up to you to decide if it's worth your time or not.

thought i should add that when you click the link it says page not found..

i do believe you have a typo in the link--it should be
meadow manager, now it says meadow manger..

But yepp, great idea :)

=DD I joined with a 60 day. If it goes well, I'll buy a year long. Umn. One thing I've already noticed: The max ear length for (atleast Netherlands, maybe more) is 0.99 Isn't the standard two inches? XDD Anywho, yep. I've entered 2 multiple times, but it always comes back to 0.99.

introoder wrote:
=DD I joined with a 60 day. If it goes well, I'll buy a year long. Umn. One thing I've already noticed: The max ear length for (atleast Netherlands, maybe more) is 0.99 Isn't the standard two inches? XDD Anywho, yep. I've entered 2 multiple times, but it always comes back to 0.99.
See its this kind of thing I really will appreciate as far as input, and another reason for 60 free days. We've done our best to work out most of the bugs and overall bumps int he road but until people really start using it, we can't have it exactly as we'd like it. I hope you'll bear with us and this annoying part and thanks for much for joining and taking the time, its' really appreciated. I'll try to get this error fixed within an hour or two so refresh later and try again.

My husband used the SOP for a lot of breed colors and junk, I know there's an ear length restriction on a lot of breeds....is this tracked on ND pedigrees? I know it was on English lops.

So lt me just get the problem straight....no matter what length you type in for the ear length it defaults to the same number?

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
introoder wrote:
See its this kind of thing I really will appreciate as far as input, and another reason for 60 free days. We've done our best to work out most of the bugs and overall bumps int he road but until people really start using it, we can't have it exactly as we'd like it. I hope you'll bear with us and this annoying part and thanks for much for joining and taking the time, its' really appreciated. I'll try to get this error fixed within an hour or two so refresh later and try again.

My husband used the SOP for a lot of breed colors and junk, I know there's an ear length restriction on a lot of breeds....is this tracked on ND pedigrees? I know it was on English lops.

So lt me just get the problem straight....no matter what length you type in for the ear length it defaults to the same number?
=D I've alpha tested lots of sites, so I totally understand. that's why I'm here to try to help with bugs. =D

Yeah. I've tried a few different number, it' defaulting back to 0.99

ND pedigrees sometimes have them, sometimes don't. It's an important breed characteristic, so I always have it. Also, I checked to SoP, and the standard is "They are to be rounded at the tips, with an ideal length of 2 inches." With the DQ set at 2 and a half.

introoder wrote:
JAK Rabbitry wrote:
introoder wrote:

=D I've alpha tested lots of sites, so I totally understand. that's why I'm here to try to help with bugs. =D

Yeah. I've tried a few different number, it' defaulting back to 0.99

ND pedigrees sometimes have them, sometimes don't. It's an important breed characteristic, so I always have it. Also, I checked to SoP, and the standard is "They are to be rounded at the tips, with an ideal length of 2 inches." With the DQ set at 2 and a half.
Alrighty... We dont have any kind of restrictions on what rabbits are entered but there should be places to have this kind of information listed for pedigree purposes as you've said. I'll get my Hubby on it when he's done with the horses. Thank you!

introoder wrote:
Yup! all fixed. thank you! If I find anymore bugs, would you rather me contact you on there, or on here?
I think fastest way to get it fixed is to email the admin, since Erron does all the nerding behind my genius.

If you go to INBOX and SEND MSG.... for the TO you'll just type 'admin'.

eventually there will be a tech support email specifically for the MM but it's not fully functional yet.

Revverress wrote:
What a cool idea! I'll be sure to look for your booth in Lebanon to check it out. :)

Definitely! And you're 'new' to me since I haven't been on RO in like....many months. So let me know who you are, i'll be looking! And my husband will be managing the booth most of the day and i'll be there in between shows.

We've got 8 people on the MM currently.... more members welcome! I want to see pictures!

-JAK

i don't breed anymore, but i just wanted to say how completely cool this system is.

i only glanced around a little bit, but wow. i am really impressed!

just had to say 'good job'

Back