New Rabbitry Management Software !!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! We had a good handful of people join in the last few hours. 2 of them I already knew that just happened to stumble across my craigslist ad.

Sure you dont want to get back into rabbits just for the sake of using The Meadow?
Har har

-JAK

not to sure my landload would like the idea of breeding bunnies lol

although chaucer (my new satin boy) is turning out to have a great body on him

lol

I created an account, but I am really not liking it. you have no way to add pedigrees really... I will stick with my evans.... how do I cancel my account?

TCRabbitry wrote:
I created an account, but I am really not liking it. you have no way to add pedigrees really... I will stick with my evans.... how do I cancel my account?
There is a way to add pedigrees and is done similarly to evans, type int he peds of your oldest rabbits and as y oumake profiles for newer rabbits, just select the sire and dam and it generates the pedigree for you.

If you wish to cancel your account I can delete it for you, Send me a message through the system so I have your username and such and I will delete it.

I can't figure out how to send you a message to be honest... My username is my1dogleah though. Please delete it. I like my evans. Melinda

Progress is really being made with MM! A lot of people have since joined and the number of members is growing. We now have little breed icons that show up next to your rabbitry name in searches so people know what breeds you raise. We've got most of the breeds iconized with a few more to go.

One more week left until Convention! So int he event that you:
Live in the tri state or New England states
Have a MM account

Post some for sale rabbits! People will be playing around with the software at the show, I'd like them to be able to look at a few user's accounts and see just what you can do. Being able to fully utilize the search options will help to!

Thank you to everyone who has so far joined. SilverBirch seems to be pleased with it! Her lops are beautiful.

-JAK

Looks pretty cool.

I do have some Q's . . .

How are records backed up? What happens in the event that you close down the site? I've got nearly 15 years of pedigrees on Evans - I would be afraid of losing all my records if the webmaster of an online site suddenly disappeared.

pamnock wrote:
Looks pretty cool.

I do have some Q's . . .

How are records backed up? What happens in the event that you close down the site? I've got nearly 15 years of pedigrees on Evans - I would be afraid of losing all my records if the webmaster of an online site suddenly disappeared.
We don't rally plan on closing the site however, if that should happen ,we would lave everything up and running for people to continue to use. The service we host our web stuff with also frequently backs up all information daily. As does our own system regularly backup information. I guess worst case scenario if something seriously crashed, you could onyl lose a day's worth of information logged, not 15 years worth.

Infact that was one thing I took comfort in as far as having online software as opposed to a CD like Evans....one's personal computer is a lot more likely to crash.
-JAK

Glad to hear that data will be safe so people won't lose years of work!

After all these years, I finally have invested in a external hard drive. I can't believe the piece of mind itgave me that everything was safe on it when my pc crashed yet again a couple weeks ago.

Do you think you'll add a genetics feature in the future? That's one of my favorite features onEvans. The chore option is alsoa nice feature on Evans (although I don't use it.)

pamnock wrote:
Glad to hear that data will be safe so people won't lose years of work!

After all these years, I finally have invested in a external hard drive. I can't believe the piece of mind itgave me that everything was safe on it when my pc crashed yet again a couple weeks ago.

Do you think you'll add a genetics feature in the future? That's one of my favorite features onEvans. The chore option is alsoa nice feature on Evans (although I don't use it.)
yeah i know you're a genetics enthusiast... I know ther's not a huge amount of people that use that option, and so we do plan to add it later, because not everyone can really understand all those letters and junk, it's on the back burner until we get other things taken care of. So genetics might be one of the last things we get done on here.

Eventualyl another thing I'd liek tos tick on the Meadow, is show dates, kind of how arba.net has shows listed... however they never list the address of the actual show, just hte address of the secretrary...and i'm worried about new people looking at that and thinking that's where the show is. Happened to a friend of mine...but I saved her just in time. I'd like to be able to add those shows listed to a list in your own Meadow, so peopel can seew hich shows you're going to, and what you will be bringing to those shows, so people can coordinate. It sucks when you missed a leg by one more rabbit...so if you've got maybe someone out of coat you didn't plan to originally bring, you could now bring him just to bump up the class if you knew he'd be needed. Also a lot of people with less popular breeds dont even bother to bring them to smaller shows as they dont expect enough competition. I would like people to be able to communicate with each other in this way to see what the possibilities are, even if there's only 3 breeders able to bring a total of 5 rabbits, you can still get that leg, all because you knew ahead of time.

pamnock wrote:
I like the show dates option. Especially listing the actual show addresses!
yeah that's always the most irritating part. They tell you there's a show but not where it is. I don't even want to allow for shows to be added unless they can put some kind of address....at least put 'XXXX County Fairgrounds''.

It'll also allow people to see what shows they have in common, and plan to meet up or exchange bunnies.

We just wrapping up adding all the breed icons to be displayed by your name in searches, so people see which breeds you raise. Iw ant to put the breed abbreviations under them, also. for clarification.

We're also working on the option to send an entire rabbit's profile through the messaging system...so if you sell a rabbit you can just jet it's entire history to your buddy if thye also have MM. Handy if you dont have a pedgree printed or on you.

We've made more Breed icons for the users, and have added the breed abbreviations under them for clarification, so you can see who's raising what when searching.

We've also added email notifications to be sent to you when other users have sent you messages.

More backgrounds are being added...

You can now better personalize and print pedigrees, though we still have work to do in this area.

We have a couple people just raving about the software and promising to buy memberships! I hope to get more people interested this weekend....wow the date really crept up on me...I only have a few more days!

Got to finish my laundry, get my trifold display in order, make business cards, make flyers, pack my stuff.... And i'm waiting until Friday to clean the rabbitry so it's clean and pretty all weekend.

I have 30 peeps coming in the mail tomorrow....which I will be bringing to my mother's house for babysitting over the weekend....

Gotta print out all my care sheets for each species of critter I have at my house. I have one woman sitting the horses and chickens... My Mum is taking my dogs and bunnies and cats.

I went to the chiropracter on Friday, and he said I had like 3-4 ribs out of place....and not to do this (pushing motion), This (pulling motion) or this (climbing motion). So basically I can't do anything at work without risk of popping my ribs out of place again. And I think I did it again anyways today unloading feed from my truck, so I have to squeeze in an appointment before I leave on Friday also. And I have to get a load of hay for my horses friday morning too.

Lots to do!

Input on the Meadow is welcome, I've been monitoring a lot of the pagest o see how people are using them a lot of people. especially the ones who found it on craigslist, just made an account and seemingly forgot about it. Oh well, I can't make anyone use it. But i'm happy to see the people who are infact using the system are very pleased with it. I hope to have a few good ones to show to people at the convention this weeknd so they can see the possibilities!

Well it actually went pretty well. We got a lot of positive and enthusiastic response, a lot of people were pretty amazed and promised to tell their friends. We gave out about half of the fliers we printed, and had a bunch of people sign up this week.

We're also going to try to set up a booth at the Ohio Convention and Dutch Nationals and the other bigger shows.

Mnmm. I thought of another possible addition for the nethies.
You only have recognized varieties listed, but unrecognized varieties are still good for brood animals. (I just got a seal baby, I think, yesterday.)

If possible, I'd love to send over a list for atleast the netherland dwarf breed, and possibly get them added, rather than just enter it as other.

XD I'm picky, I know.

Latest posts

Back