New rabbit digging

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kora

Reaction score
I understand that digging is part of a rabbit’s personality/instincts, so I know there’s not really any completely stopping that. My new rabbit is tearing up my carpet (he’s pulled a corner completely up), and I was just wondering if you have any suggestions on how to cover that up with something else for him to dig on? I know rabbits really like to dig in corners (at least, that’s what I remember hearing), and this is the last exposed corner in his living area, but it’s a tough one to cover up because it’s right by the door.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 10
Could you cover it with a towel? Theo would chew the carpet, and dig on it so I just put a towel over it.

I just put a huge stone (or a part of a pallet if it's a bigger area) where I don't want them to do stuff, like digging, chewing or peeing.

We used tile on small areas and plywood on larger ones--then, put a large litter box full of shredded newspaper in the corner. Ours loved digging and playing in it and our mini Rex would move around under the paper like a submarine and pop up thru the paper to look around--hilarious!

Latest posts

Back