NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a dwarf holland lop who is light brownand white and his name is Joans. He is rediculously spoiled as Iimagine most rabbits here are. I am a college student and Jonas goes onwalks with me on campus( well I sit and study and he runs in circlesaorund me on the circumfrence if his leash). We live in PortlandOregon. He is very lovable and very honory.

welcome to the board!!!!! yes, you are right, all the buns here are insanely spoiled:bunnydance:

that is sooooo cool that you can take him to study 'with' you!!! i bet you probably won't read one page per hour :D

CUTE! Hey, I think buns should be spoiled as MUCH as possible...they deserve it!! :)

Your bun sounds really cute! I bet he LOVES being outside so much! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Rosie*

I guess I should've posted here first! I loveanimals of all types. I have one cat, two dogs, three fish and mynewest addition that brought me here, my new bunny, Thunder. We finallywere able to tell she was a girl today. My boys named her so she willstill be called Thunder. She is very sweet and I think she trusts memore than anyone else right now. (probably because I'm the one who'sbeen taking care of her)

I knew nothing of rabbits so I've been doing lots of research and I'vealready begun construction on a box bunny play house. And today my catspooked her when I had her in the living room for exercise and she tookoff. I never thought I'd find her and I was so worked up. I can'tbelieve how much I love her after only two days! Dh came to my rescueand calmed me down so that she would calm down. It took about 20min butshe finally was calm enough for me to get her. Now we need to get her abigger cage. Hers is way to small. And she is a year old. I'm not surewhat kind of rabbit she is though. The previous owners didn't seem toknow much of her at all. But now she will be spoiled rotten!:D

Hi, she's beautiful. You will certainly learn alot on this forum as their are many very knowledgeable people here.

Welcome, I look forward to more pictures of Thunder (I love her name)

Soooska:apollo:

she is beutiful!! Congradulations! Spoiling them is my favorite part!!!

Shye

armywife320 wrote:
Hi! My name is Kara, I live in Kansas and I have a hollandlop named Faith. And no it's not a girl. Let's just say I wasmisinformed by the pet store I got him from.
Hi Kara and welcome to you and Faith!:welcome1:party::hello

I had the same thing happen to me, a pet store told me my boy was agirl. I had named her Sage and brought her home to my boy Basil.Needless to say, he was not happy with his new "girlfriend". I foundout shortly, so I changed the name to Max (very manly to make up forthe confusion :))

Look forward to chatting with you and seeing some pics of Faith!

-Haley, Basil:rabbithop, Max:dutch, and Tumnus:bunny19

PS....Lots of New members this week! Welcome to you all!

hello everybody, i am new. my name ismelissa.i ahve 4 rabbits. they all saty out side. i ahva e a dutchbuck. mini rex doe and mini rex buck(hopefully will be abreeding pair starting tomarrow...wish me luck) and a whiet rabbit. notsure what it is:). so hello to everybody

Hi melissa and welcome!:wave::party::hello

You're not too far from me! I actually volunteer at a rabbit rescue in Plymouth, MI.

Cant wait to see some pics of your bunnies. I have two dutch and Ive always wanted a mini rex.

:twocentsOne thing, can I ask why you are breeding your buns? Are theyshow quality rabbits? If they're not, I really wouldnt recommendbreeding. The shelter I help out at has around 100 rabbits that are inneed of good homes. I hate to think of more pet rabbits being broughtinto the world that will also need homes.

:soapbox Just a thought. Dont want toscare you away :) Welcome!

Haley wrote:
:twocentsOne thing, can I ask why you are breeding your buns? Are they show quality rabbits?
thank you for you concern i agree with you about too manyrabbits with out homes. i bought the buck from this lady and her 2girls showed him atons. he has quit a bit of awards. best of breed,best fru, best opposite and tons of showmenhip awards. the doe i boughttoday form a pet stoare she is arew. and form what i can tell she hasvery good confirmation.

Homesick, Welcome ! Doing research isone of the best things you can do, that's how I learned much of what Iknow, but still learning everyday. But, the members here areawesome! Please feel free to post your concerns and I hopeyou and your new addition will be very happy! Yes, since youare the caretaker, she (?) will love you most first. Congratsand good luck.

Also, a wonderful website to visit is House Rabbit Society.com. :bunny2

P.S. Looks like the breed is a mini-rex!

Snuffles wrote:
Homesick, Welcome ! Doing research is one of thebest things you can do, that's how I learned much of what I know, butstill learning everyday. But, the members here areawesome! Please feel free to post your concerns and I hopeyou and your new addition will be very happy! Yes, since youare the caretaker, she (?) will love you most first. Congratsand good luck.

Also, a wonderful website to visit is House Rabbit Society.com. :bunny2

P.S. Looks like the breed is a mini-rex!

Someone else mentioned he might be a mini rex. He's got super soft fur. Almost like velvet.

:bunnydance: Hi .... Iamso pleased to be here ! I am 57, a widow and live alone...... I have done lots of bunny research and will be getting a pair ofNetherland Dwarfs very soon .... I need them as much as they will needme ... I plan lots of love and bunny chatting between us .... I hadrabbits when I was a child ... way back when a rabbit was ... SIMPLY... a rabbit .... My rabbits and I had great fun together, and havedecided I once more need my rabbit friends to share My life. I hope toshow My rabbits and make some 2 legged friends, as I start to liveagain{ its not good locking yourself away in your home } Ilook forward to learning and sharing with all of you ......Thank-Youfor letting me join LadyLuv

Hello homesick and Thunder!

Your girl is just beautiful! From what I can tell of her furin the picture, she looks to be a bit of a rex. You can tryasking in the Rabbitry section of the forum, though. Thepeople there have TONS of knowledge on breeds and such, being thatthey're mostly people that either breed rabbits and/or showthem. :)

Aww...I can imagine how it must have felt seeing your baby scared likethat. If you haven't thought of it already, you might tryeither trimming your kitty(ies) claws or getting them Soft Paws (youcan check out their site at www.softpaws.com). If you haven'theard of Soft Paws before (there's also a product that's exactly thesame called Soft Claws), they're vinyl caps you adhere to a kitty'strimmed claws. It's easier if you have someone hold the kittywhile you do the adhereing (or vice versa), but with help, they'requite easy to put on, and last for quite a bit of time.:) I had them on my kitties for a while until I saw that theboth of them were trained about how to act while being around thebunnies. They're also great to keep kitties from clawing onfurniture, not to mention the people in the house! :)

Anyway, just an idea that might make things easier for you, the kitty(ies), and Thunder.

So, welcome to the site! We look forward to chatting with you! :)

Love and hugs,

Rosie*

Hello Melissa!

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you've got quite a beautiful bunny family! :)

Look forward to seeing you around!

Rosie*

Welcome to the site, LadyLuv!

Yes, rabbits can be a great comfort and such wonderful, sweetfriends. It's a great choice you made in getting some bunnyfriends again. Not only that, but you've also found a sitefull of very loving, caring people that don't mind if you post thingsabout how you're feeling if you just need a little encouragement andlove. We really support one another, and help each other getthrough some really tough times, and would love to send that same kindof encouragement and love your way if you ever want to talk aboutanything. :) Hey, you're part of the RO Familynow! That's what family is for! :D

Of course, if you don't feel like talking, that's perfectly okay,too. It's up to you and what your comfortable with...like Isaid, it's what family is for...understanding and love. :)

So, without much ado, tell us all about what kind of bunnies you'relooking for! You can check around at local shelters for someVERY sweet bunnies! My rescue, Flower, and all of the bunniesI've met at the shelter near me are some of the sweetest, kindest,loving bunnies I've ever seen! I think they're just sograteful to have a home, they thank you for it with an overabundance oflove every moment they can! It's wonderful, and sounds likejust what you need. You can be there for eachother. :)

Anyway, welcome to the site! I look forward to chatting withyou and hearing all about what bunnies you decide to bringhome. Sounds like you've got loads of love to share withthem, and that's the best kind of home they can have! You cando lots of research here, too, to find inexpensive ways to housebunnies, good places to get good food, etc. It's a wonderfulsite...we're so glad to have you! :)

Much love and hugs,

Rosie*

:)Thank-You so very much 4 thewonderful welcome .... I have looked at shelters near me butunfortunately only a couple of big rabbits ... and my landlord wont letme have them ... thats why ive decided on Netherland Dwarfs... after reading about all the bunnys needing goodhomes ... Im not sure what to do .... I was heartvroken reading some ofthe rescue storys on here .... so very sad. LINDA

HI LadyLuv! So excited for you to get your bunnycompanions!! I cant imagine life without them. They have away aboutthem that gives me somthing no other animal has ever given me since Ilost my horse (my very best friend) in 1987. Dont get me wrong, Icherish my 2 dogs, cat, my 4 birds, and my 3 fish. But my 2 girlsNuggles and Nibbles are my pride and joy!! I cant go even to the local7-11 without buying some little toy or treat for them! I spoil themrotten I think because I am trying to repay them for all the joy theygive me every second of every day! I could just go on and on and onabout them!!! So any way so glad to meet you and I hope to see you herelots!! i CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO GET YOUR BUNNYS! AND SEE THE PICS!CONGRADULATIONS!

Your bunny buddy,

Shye

This is Nuggles

Hi, I just registered,

I grew up with rabbits, my last rabbit I got when I was 11, who was a happy bunny and lived all the way to age 13.

After him I didnt have a rabbit for a couple years, but aftermoving to a pet friendly house, I started thinking aboutadopting one, and a friend was looking to find a new home fortheirs after they got 2 puppies, so I decided to take in acute little (errr big) 14 pound girl. :)

No idea how old she is unfortunately, but she has good energyand is a happy girl. Definately a princess though,she demands attention! :)

I dont know what her breed is either, but her size and theshape of her ears makes me think she at least has some flemish giant inher.

I have some pics Ill post tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back