New member + breeding colors for Dutch rabbit question!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwdutch

Reaction score
Hi there my name is Wendy I’m a Dutch rabbit breeder in California for more than 10 years and I’m very happy to have found this forum. I look foward to all the help I can get and give here if possible. I specifically breed the golden /yellow Dutch variety, I have a tortie and a chocolate doe as well. I have gotten 3 litters out of my chocolate doe and none of her kits have been chocolate so far, I have bred her to my golden Dutch buck and have only gotten golden Dutch or harlequin Dutch kits. My question is , to get a chocolate Dutch kit like her should I breed her to a black Dutch? I know certain colors of Dutch should only be bred to each other maybe she shouldn’t be bred to my golden Dutch. Thanks again!! Picture of one of my show babies

Attachments

• 776DE603-6291-4B5D-9C5B-B0D95D99C4A5.jpeg
    776DE603-6291-4B5D-9C5B-B0D95D99C4A5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I would try breeding her to a black Dutch because the black gene B can often carry the b gene which is the brown or chocolate color. The black gene is also the base gene for a lot of the darker colors, so you might get more success from a black Dutch.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm moving this question to the Rabbitry and Show Room section. That's the section for all topics related to breeding rabbits. It provides a place for knowledgeable breeders to discuss these topics.
Please feel free to re-post again in the Introduction section just to introduce yourself and so others can welcome you to the forum.

Back