New Floors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
We're getting new hardwood floors put in soon. I was wondering if keeping babii in a well ventilated, closed off room would be enough?
I know we're most likely going to have to go to a hotel (because the hardwood floor leads from the bedrooms to the kitchen, so we'd either starve or sleep on the counter (;))

If not, how would I go about *safely* bringing Babii to a hotel, where would she stay (obviously pet-friendly hotel)
Btw, don't forget, we have Sparky too... and Babii doesn't like him so they must be seperate

Well, depending on how long your contracter will be, it could be quite a while.

Also, there will probably be a fair amount racket from all the equipment, which will be very stressful for her.

I would say, play it safe and bring Babii with you to the hotel. She can have the bathroom (under the counter),and Sparky can hang out in the main area.

Pop Babii in a travel carrier, or just transport her in her regular cage (unless it's the NIC... can't remember what you've got there.)
Either way, she can sleep in the carrier if you bring along some NIC panels to make an x-pen under the counter.

Hope this helps you a bit :)

She has a really big cage, on wheels..
I may even give her free-run of the bathroom, less hassle and she has more room.
He said he'll do it all in one day

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Well, you could always line the hotel tub with no slip flooring mats for an easy cage while she's with you :)
Genious, but she'll eat the mats hehe. Maybe an old blanket ?
It mmakes me laugh just picturing the cleaning-ladys face when she hears stumping comminf from the bathtub while putting more TP

I've taken my bunnies to hotels before. Just bunny-proof it like you would your own house--all wires out of the way, etc. You could keep her in the bathroom instead as well. Make sure the hotel is pet-friendly, though. I also wouldn't leave her in there alone, ie when the cleaning lady comes.

tonyshuman wrote:
I've taken my bunnies to hotels before. Just bunny-proof it like you would your own house--all wires out of the way, etc. You could keep her in the bathroom instead as well. Make sure the hotel is pet-friendly, though. I also wouldn't leave her in there alone, ie when the cleaning lady comes.
Wouldn't that be better then hauling her to the stores if needed ? (and then she obviously can't stay in the car...)

I think it would be safer to leave her in the bathroom, rather than stress her poor fuzzy butt by driving round to stores.

I say, pop a note on the bathroom door or be there when the cleaning lady comes, ... or request no room cleanup. It's only one night or so, doubt you need a full bathroom cleanout :D

OH that is true, I didn't know you needed to run errands that day. I agree, either leave the do not disturb sign up or leave a note for the maid. If you leave a note, make sure 100% that it's a pet-friendly hotel!

NorthernAutumn wrote:

she can sleep in the carrier if you bring along some NIC panels to make an x-pen under the counter.

Wow...this is a great idea! :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back